• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa President John Prater's Video Response To Age 60

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well then, how about some suggestions on good ideas!

Good ideas? Let's start with accepting reality: the rule will change. I don't like it, you don't like it, a majority of the membership doesn't like it, but it is going to happen. We can't stop it at this point. All we can do is minimize the damage. This is called pragmatism, guys. You shouldn't be fighting a futile fight. Focus on the fight that you can actually win: designing the new rule in a way that harms us the least. This is what the Association is currently doing, and it's the smart way to go. Crying and attacking Captain Prater is not productive, and it won't save the age-60 rule for you.

Good ideas? Let's start with accepting reality: the rule will change. I don't like it, you don't like it, a majority of the membership doesn't like it, but it is going to happen. We can't stop it at this point. All we can do is minimize the damage. This is called pragmatism, guys. You shouldn't be fighting a futile fight. Focus on the fight that you can actually win: designing the new rule in a way that harms us the least. This is what the Association is currently doing, and it's the smart way to go. Crying and attacking Captain Prater is not productive, and it won't save the age-60 rule for you.

I said good ideas, not giving up ideas!

Frenchie!

I said good ideas, not giving up ideas!

If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that this isn't going to happen, then have at it.

PCL.

Continuing to fight against a rule change that ALPA's majority wants to retain isn't sticking your head in the sand. Wake up jackass.

If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that this isn't going to happen, then have at it.

I'm looking for good ideas...still waiting.

Keeping my head in the sand would be assuming ALPA is going to do what it's charged to do by the majority!

I'm looking for good ideas...still waiting.

And you'll be waiting a very long time if you're idea of a good idea is trying to save a rule that is already doomed.

And you'll be waiting a very long time if you're idea of a good idea is trying to save a rule that is already doomed.

So are you saying that SWAPA and JB(no representation) won over ALPA on this one...say it isn't so.

I fear that this could be the end of ALPA, which would suck because imagine how bad this job would be without them...however, I don't see the majority sitting around and taking this one.

Latest resources

Back