ALPA Pay....SUCKERS!! LOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ok this is getting old and dumb.

you are the seventeenth or so person to post this.

You get what you pay for

I'd rather pay 'em than have my interests in the hands of part-time volunteers (sts).

CitationLover said:
ok this is getting old and dumb.

you are the seventeenth or so person to post this.

Sorry if it's a repost. It's the first time I have seen it. What is so dumb about it? I wasn't aware of the amount of money that went to all of these ALPA officials salary. It really pisses me off everymonth when I see how much money little old me has to dish out to this union and what I am getting in return as far as long term job security and prospects. It is relevant.

Oh, and I'm sorry are YOU a due's paying ALPA member? You seem pretty ho-hum about this, I was just curious.

Last edited:
Then go to Herndon and get yourself a job with ALPA if you think it (the pay) is so great.

FJ

habubuaza said:
Oh, and I'm sorry are YOU a due's paying ALPA member? You seem pretty ho-hum about this, I was just curious.

yes my 1.95% gets deducted each month. the only thing i can change is my local elections.

just sick of wasting bandwidth with the same post over and over again.

Just shows how ALPA has become a TOTAL waste of your money. They should just be disbanded. They have done more harm than good for the aviation industry in the last 10-15 years. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong.

They have misled or coerced regionals into signing poor contracts, led a losing fight for ridiculous wage increases in the 90's at the majors, and finally totally mishandled the post 9/11 industry debacle.

I hate to compare them to the United Nations - but, they are just as ineffective and equally pricey. Tear your ALPA cards!!

beytzim said:
Just shows how ALPA has become a TOTAL waste of your money. They should just be disbanded. They have done more harm than good for the aviation industry in the last 10-15 years. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong.

They have misled or coerced regionals into signing poor contracts,

Personal Responsibility, ever heard of it? Noone forced anyone to vote in favor of their contract.

led a losing fight for ridiculous wage increases in the 90's at the majors, and finally totally mishandled the post 9/11 industry debacle.

It is not ALPAs role to "handle" the post 9/11 environment. That is the job of management.

I hate to compare them to the United Nations - but, they are just as ineffective and equally pricey. Tear your ALPA cards!!

Thanks but no thanks. I will keep mine in my wallet.

Last edited:
I agree that ALPA has lost credibility. I believe that it has to do with the fact that they have lost all respect of congress. ALPA has constantly put all the blame for the failure of the industry on the Republican held senate and house. They use our dues to support left wing radicals who claim to be labor friendly. Airline Pilot magazine trashes the president on a monthly basis. I don't even read it anymore. I think D. Worth is "Worthless". I think my own MEC is spineless and doesn't give a damn about my opinion. Even as sorry as ALPA has become, I still would not want to work as a line pilot without the protection of a union contract. I also think that ALPA can be turned around with the right kind of leadership. The current national reps are a joke.

YAWN....

Hey Einstien, get informed! You are the ignorant of the week on this subject.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgot.asp?strID=C00035451&Cycle=2006

[FONT=Arial,]Total to Democratic House Candidates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]$380,000 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]Total to Republican House Candidates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]$117,000 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,]Total to Democratic Senate Candidates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]$40,000 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]Total to Republican Senate Candidates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]$17,500 [/FONT]

If you are infuriated that ALPA gives more to Dems, then you do not understand how the politcal process works. You are infuriated, because ALPA doesn't conform to your ideals and beliefs. This is why pilots get mad at when ALPA endorses Dem Presidential canidates. It is not becuase ALPA supports gays, or free drugs or pro choice or whatever the liberal issue de jour is....

In the past ALPA has reaped dividends for supporting the politican who supports ALPA. It is that simple. Until you guys realize that politics controls everything in our careers and we must become politcal savvy we will continue to get beat on Cap Hill.

If you want to take back this profession, then get politcal or at least support the ones who are willing to do it for you!

Crying about this union busting website, ALPA salaries and Dem donations is simply amatuer hour.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back