ALPA Pay....SUCKERS!! LOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Falconjet said:
Then go to Herndon and get yourself a job with ALPA if you think it (the pay) is so great.

FJ

I am a professional pilot not a bureaucrat.

Einstein said:
I agree that ALPA has lost credibility. I think my own MEC is spineless and doesn't give a dang about my opinion. Even as sorry as ALPA has become, I still would not want to work as a line pilot without the protection of a union contract. I also think that ALPA can be turned around with the right kind of leadership. The current national reps are a joke.

OK....lets start...what exactly do you want ALPA to do? What do you want your MEC to do? Details please, not just the standard, "Show some backbone" response.

Since you are unhappy with your MEC, how many recall resolutions have you proffered at your LEC or MEC meetings?

What was the outcome of the vote?

If your MEC doesn't "give a dang about your opinion" as you stated, then you probably don't have the votes to accomplish anything...or better stated, you are the guy who is out in left field if you can't get your peers to vote along with you

Tejas

Rez O. Lewshun said:
YAWN....

Hey Einstien, get informed! You are the ignorant of the week on this subject.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgot.asp?strID=C00035451&Cycle=2006

[FONT=Arial,]Total to Democratic House Candidates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]$380,000 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]Total to Republican House Candidates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]$117,000 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,]Total to Democratic Senate Candidates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]$40,000 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]Total to Republican Senate Candidates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,]$17,500 [/FONT]

If you are infuriated that ALPA gives more to Dems, then you do not understand how the politcal process works. You are infuriated, because ALPA doesn't conform to your ideals and beliefs. This is why pilots get mad at when ALPA endorses Dem Presidential canidates. It is not becuase ALPA supports gays, or free drugs or pro choice or whatever the liberal issue de jour is....

In the past ALPA has reaped dividends for supporting the politican who supports ALPA. It is that simple. Until you guys realize that politics controls everything in our careers and we must become politcal savvy we will continue to get beat on Cap Hill.

If you want to take back this profession, then get politcal or at least support the ones who are willing to do it for you!

Crying about this union busting website, ALPA salaries and Dem donations is simply amatuer hour.

What better candidate to support than the candidate who is actively going after the very group that "caused" the most significant damage to our industry and jobs as a profession. Why can't people understand that if you don't EXIST then nothing else matters. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
ALPA is full of it. As fate would have it, it happens to be the union that represents me. I have to live with that. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

Einstein said:
ALPA is full of it. As fate would have it, it happens to be the union that represents me. I have to live with that. That doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

No, but you have to bring something to the table instead of the default seven year old response.... which is (be)cuase.. or cuz.....

Here is an example...

Einstein, why is ALPA full of it...?

Cuz...

Becuase why, can you elaborate?

Nope, just cuz.....

habubuaza said:
What better candidate to support than the candidate who is actively going after the very group that "caused" the most significant damage to our industry and jobs as a profession. Why can't people understand that if you don't EXIST then nothing else matters. Unbelievable.

If we, Air Line Pilots don't exist on Capital Hill, then yes, we won't matter. That Air Line Pilots don't understand this is unbelievable. That Air Line Pilots have to feel good about the politicians they support, emotionally, indicates a lack of understanding....

Unbelievable

I vaguely remember back in the mid 90s the ALPA leadership saying ALPA pres should be paid the salary of the highest dues paying member's contract rate. This may or may not be true from back then, but I know it isn't true now.

All you members should pass resolutions to this effect at your next LEC meetings and force it to the floor at the next BOD. ALPA has been great for individual legal & medical help but the internal national politics of the union stink.

Yes, I have an ALPA pin. 20 year one in fact. What I don't have is a job or a retirement, but the magazine still keeps coming!

Ralph Cramden said:
Yes, I have an ALPA pin. 20 year one in fact. What I don't have is a job or a retirement, but the magazine still keeps coming!

I didn't realize ALPA was in the pilot employment and retirment business.

Where does your management team play into this....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back