ALPA Monument at KCVG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't you read this board? It's NEVER the fault of ALPA

its delta mgt fault, its also the fault of undercutting w*************************, why use guys who want to get paid to work, when just around he corner are a bunch of morons who will do someone elses job for half the price. so long comair, hello ****************************** bags.
thanks for all your hard work at making this a profession worth having.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone here?
I think he was drunk when trying to piece that baby together. And I highly doubt management is worried. Regional airline management has been shoving ALPA around for the last 15 years.
A few years, but the Union vote at Skywest is active now and management is worried

Last edited:
I think he was drunk when trying to piece that baby together. And I highly doubt management is worried.

Only as drunk as your typical Skywest manager.

You don't think management is worried the pilots might vote in a union? Is it in the bag? Have the proper people been paid off? Nothing to worry about?

Only as drunk as your typical Skywest manager.

You don't think management is worried the pilots might vote in a union? Is it in the bag? Have the proper people been paid off? Nothing to worry about?
Sure if you listen to an ALPA cheerleader they will tell you SKW management is terrified of ALPA. When in reality, SKW hasn't voted ALPA yet. So why should they be worried. It's still the same pilot group.

Sure if you listen to an ALPA cheerleader they will tell you SKW management is terrified of ALPA. When in reality, SKW hasn't voted ALPA yet. So why should they be worried. It's still the same pilot group.

Probably not terrified and probably not of ALPA in particular, just unions in general. Walmart doesn't like unions either, so your management is in good company.

If you don't understand the difference between a pilot group backed by a union contract and one which either doesn't have one or has individual contracts, then someone more patient and smarter than me would have to explain it to you.

Skywest pilots are thinking about a union again? First I've heard of it. Hell, it's only been a couple of years since the last one. What has materially changed that could affect the vote? I just can't see wasting a few million dollars on another union drive if you can't show that the results will likely be different this time.

Probably not terrified and probably not of ALPA in particular, just unions in general. Walmart doesn't like unions either, so your management is in good company.

If you don't understand the difference between a pilot group backed by a union contract and one which either doesn't have one or has individual contracts, then someone more patient and smarter than me would have to explain it to you.

Apples and oranges my friend. Walmart employees have what sort of skill that can't be replaced tomorrow by someone who has NO training? A union there would drive that company out of business in a short period of time. Airline pilots have a little bit more on the line that a minimum wage job and a six pack of beer. Airline pilots endure years of sacrificing time with their families, low pay and other things we are all aware to the reach a level of good pay and QOL. Even that isn't guaranteed anymore. That can be cut short by a simple mistake that many have made before but haven't been caught for. They can lose their livelihoods with a stroke of a doctors pen. A union can help mitigate some of those risks to their jobs. So comparing a union job at WalMart to an airline union job isn't a fair comparison.

I am not a huge ALPA cheerleader but I recognize there needs to be some sort of legal buffer between the company and the FAA. ALPA provides that. Are there things that ALPA can better? Absolutely, that is the reason I chose to get involved. Hard to change things on the outside with no real voice. I am attempting to do my part. I can not sit here and trash an organization that is part of the mix whether we like or not without at least trying to be part of the fix.

Finally, the CEO's and COO's all have contracts. Why shouldn't I?

Skywest pilots are thinking about a union again? First I've heard of it. Hell, it's only been a couple of years since the last one. What has materially changed that could affect the vote? I just can't see wasting a few million dollars on another union drive if you can't show that the results will likely be different this time.

Why should ALPA invest any money in that? If SkyWest pilots truly desire some sort contractual protection, they don't ALPA sticking their noses in there to get the job done. Yes I am aware of all the other costs involved. Most of the grassroots stuff can be done without National putting their fingers into the mix.

Latest resources

Back