• Watchers 13

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fuelflow said:
A "single carrier" designation can be made by the NMB to recognize more than one air carrier with a common owner that, for collective bargaining purposes, is recognised as one employee group. Recent cases include MAG and Boston-Maine Airways. TSAH ensured adequate separation of the two companies to not be designated as a "single carrier" by the NMB. If ALPA is so sure of their legal position, they wouldn't even be entertaining the idea of a Mesa-like payscale.

And to answer the question about recruiting - The second class had all 24 pilots (more than two-thirds from former ALPA carriers) show up.

tsa still has about 700 more pilots....guess who the company is going to want to deal with?

You keep yapping about the pay, tsa pilots have a pay rate for additional equipment in our contract, and it is based on industry average. G0jets is not using tsa seniority list pilots in order to drive that rate lower. You said you don't care who does the flying as long it was a fair rate. So keep on lying.

redbook said:
But I can tell you about tsa pilots, and we will not fold, nor lose this battle.

Believe or not, I actually hope you're right.

Mesa bashing is a frequent theme on these boards, but Mesa pilots opposed Freedom in unity, with "national support", and that didn't stop them from watching "their" aircraft from being added to the new airline. And over the long term, they had to cave on their contract or else watch ALL their planes be transferred over.

What they didn't do was have the cojones to strike. Do you? Or will you cave and watch huge concessions to your contract in order to recapture those jets? This battle has been fought before here, so all sides (management and union) are/should use it as a case study . . . .with the facts, not the with the union or management blinders on . . .

You MIGHT stop GJS then . . . but again, you might not. Better hope for the best, but prepare for the worst . . .

fuelflow said:
It's all a matter of leverage - and since they don't have any right now, all they can do at the bargaining table is beg or threaten an illegal job action.

All the TSA pilots really have to do is start calling the in and out times accurately, and quit being so ... favorable ... in their handling of Mx items. And fly the contract strictly. Will it happen? Depends on that unity thing I guess.

FreedomAList said:
Believe or not, I actually hope you're right.

Mesa bashing is a frequent theme on these boards, but Mesa pilots opposed Freedom in unity, with "national support", and that didn't stop them from watching "their" aircraft from being added to the new airline. And over the long term, they had to cave on their contract or else watch ALL their planes be transferred over.

What they didn't do was have the cojones to strike. Do you? Or will you cave and watch huge concessions to your contract in order to recapture those jets? This battle has been fought before here, so all sides (management and union) are/should use it as a case study . . . .with the facts, not the with the union or management blinders on . . .

You MIGHT stop GJS then . . . but again, you might not. Better hope for the best, but prepare for the worst . . .

I think tsa pilots have a new found appreciation for the battle mesa pilots went through. I hope we have learned some things from it, and frankly I couldn't agree more with everything you just posted. I hope you continue posting during this ongoing struggle, because the advice you have just given needs to be heard by our pilot group. The ultimate answer to your question whether we will have what it takes to get back the flying without caving....I have already posted my opinion on the tsa pilots group stance...but ultimately time will tell.
Good luck to you guys as well.

Latest resources

Back