Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA FT/DT Recommendations - WRITE ALPA NOW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, pilots will be diverting if it looks like they go over 9 hours.

Your EFC time is ..Can not accept. Will have to divert cause that will put us over 9 hours. We are declaring max time. Need direct airport or we might go over 9.

Do not mess with the 8 hour rule. We are opening up a can of worms if Alpa gives that away. Why do you think management likes the idea. Maybe its a way of getting rid of the flag IRO rule. Less pilots needed with the 9 hour. whatever, lets just keep on giving. Its the ALPA way.

M

Do not mess with the 8 hour rule. We are opening up a can of worms if Alpa gives that away. Why do you think management likes the idea. Maybe its a way of getting rid of the flag IRO rule. Less pilots needed with the 9 hour. whatever, lets just keep on giving. Its the ALPA way.

M

Agreed. An 8hr hard flight time limit sounds good to me. I think the ALPA folks need to get out and fly the line more. They seem to be out of touch with a lot of fatigue issues.

Agreed. An 8hr hard flight time limit sounds good to me. I think the ALPA folks need to get out and fly the line more. They seem to be out of touch with a lot of fatigue issues.

The ALPA reps on the ARC that recommended these times all fly the line every month, except for Capt. Wycoff. The other reps are line pilots.

So, pilots will be diverting if it looks like they go over 9 hours.

Your EFC time is ..Can not accept. Will have to divert cause that will put us over 9 hours. We are declaring max time. Need direct airport or we might go over 9.

M

You guys need to take a deep breath. How can you think the current rules which allow for heinous duty hours (which are somehow acceptable because you are are only flying 8 hours) are great, but that these proposals, which will actually be MORE restrictive, but in limited cases allow more pilot productivity, are worse?

Quit being so "all change is bad, la la la" reactionary and at least give a little thought to the proposals here.

Or should we just go back to horse and buggies, because "them internal combustion contraptions just ain't as safe as a horse, by golly"?

Latest resources

Back