Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA FT/DT Recommendations - WRITE ALPA NOW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't say that to a "Tea Baggers" face would you. If so give me a call so we can meet somewhere you ***********************************!

Wolfpack reminds me of the tea beggars or as they like to be called TEA party members. Afraid of change and seeing any new ideas and reasons only in the form of absolutes.

How will reserve duty be figured into this? They didn't say much about it in the email.

Have you ever known ALPA National to get anything in return without giving away the whole farm first?

Hi!

I hope they make some reserve rules.

It sucks to do 250 hours of consecutive reserve duty, and then be called at 0200 for a 16+ duty day!

cliff
NBO

And, two 5 hour transcon legs, in a 12 hour duty day, is MUCH less tiring than doing 7+45, with 7 legs in a 16+ hour duty day.

Wolfpack reminds me of the tea beggars or as they like to be called TEA party members. Afraid of change and seeing any new ideas and reasons only in the form of absolutes.

Yah, mein Furher. How is repeating thew same failed mistakes of the 1930's considered "change"? Why not seek improvement?

"Palin in '12. Keep the Change!"

I think ALPA's proposal is excellent. Flying up to 9 hours of duty, only during peak circadian rhythm, and limiting the duty day, is a wonderful solution. It increases allowable productivity (pay) while not sacrificing safety in the slightest. In fact, it increases safety because the duty day is reduced and the 16-hour Whitlow limit is replaced with a stricter standard. Good all around.

I swear, some pilots will find a way to bitch about anything.

"Peak Circadian rhythm" they vary with time zone and flight schedule. You fly to Osan Japan then do some domestic and try to figure out when your going to "peak".

"Peak Circadian rhythm" they vary with time zone and flight schedule. You fly to Osan Japan then do some domestic and try to figure out when your going to "peak".

ALPA's proposal is based on your domicile time zone.

It was my understanding, talking to our union medical guy, that the 9 hours of flight is a hard time. Meaning no more of this "good-to-start-good-to-finish" crap. I'm 100% OK with that.

Lets be productive within the constraints of a lower duty period.

Jerry Bartelson

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back