ALPA Filed with NMB today to represent Colgan Pilots

535 HERNDON PARKWAY P.O. BOX 1169 HERNDON, VIRGINIA 20172-1169 703-689-2270
888-FLY-ALPA (888-359-2572) FAX 703-689-4370

AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION, INTERNATIONAL
alpa

SCHEDULE WITH SAFETY AFFILIATED WITH AFL-CIO AND CLC

June 12, 2007
Dear Colgan Pilot:
Congratulations! Your efforts to secure a National Mediation Board (NMB) representation
election were successful—a strong majority of Colgan pilots returned authorization cards,
so today ALPA petitioned the NMB to conduct a representation election.
The representation election process should take approximately 90 days to complete. During
that time, the NMB will

��
compare the authorization cards submitted to ALPA with Company employment records
(this process takes place
without divulging to management who filed cards) to verify
that the required “showing of interest” supports ALPA’s application;

��
determine the eligible voter list (pilots who have completed IOE prior to your last
payroll period and are not holding managerial positions); and

��
print and mail the confidential telephone voting instructions, and establish a reasonable
time period (usually 30 to 45 days) for completion of voting.
ALPA will forward more detailed information about the election process in the near future.

For now, please make sure that your current address is on file with the Company
and with ALPA.

A special thanks goes out to your Organizing Committee—volunteers who worked hard to
explain the benefits of union representation. Their work is encouraging because ALPA is
structured as a volunteer, pilot-run organization with tremendous professional and
financial resources. Enclosed is an ALPA sticker to illustrate the unity and resolve you
have that will deliver the binding contract that you seek.
ALPA will continue to work closely with your Organizing Committee to provide information
about the benefits of representation. If you have any questions, please contact an
Organizing Committee member or ALPA’s Communications Department at 888.FLY.ALPA
x 4179.
The pilots of Capital Cargo joined ALPA on June 1, and we look forward to having all the
Colgan pilots become ALPA members and join the 60,000 pilots at 41 U.S. and Canadian
airlines.
Sincerely,
John Prater, President
.....​

No more free time for me!

Hey Godfather I like your new avatar, do you have lots of free time now that you are not doing a TV show?

I'm starting my new project...

Conseliere to the soon to be Colgan ALPA Negotiating Committee...

I have a feeling that this upcoming vote will work in our favor, only if everyone gets out and votes and votes for ALPA.

Last edited:
Hope everyone has fun being based in LGA BOS IAD

Good Luck

As the crow flies EWR is about 15 miles from LGA. They announced an EWR base well before the drive started.

As someone has said earlier ALPA has NOTHING to do with if the company decides to get rid of their thirty outstation bases and go to a hub based system.

As the crow flies EWR is about 15 miles from LGA. They announced an EWR base well before the drive started.

As someone has said earlier ALPA has NOTHING to do with if the company decides to get rid of their thirty outstation bases and go to a hub based system.

FYI. The drive from EWR to LGA would take an hour on a good day. I agree with you...but I wouldn't plan on commuting through EWR to LGA unless you have a helicopter.

I agree with you, I think the outstation basing was going to go away in the future regardless of the ALPA vote.

FYI. The drive from EWR to LGA would take an hour on a good day. I agree with you...but I wouldn't plan on commuting through EWR to LGA unless you have a helicopter.

I agree with you, I think the outstation basing was going to go away in the future regardless of the ALPA vote.

I heard once that we can jumpseat on those helicopters.. is that true??

Oh I know, I am from Jersey and have done the drive to LGA many many many times. It stinks the big one.

340SAM made the point about commuting/being based in LGA. Not that much different than EWR in terms of living.

Latest resources

Back