Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa Executive Council Says No To AAA's Request To Vacate Arbitration Award.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

My employment with LCC was based on LOAs that LCC management and ALPA agreed to. LCC management's signatures are on the document. They said "yes" to my employment through the LOAs, in effect, saying I was qualified for the job and meeting the requirements that would have been satisfied in an interview. Nicolau agreed. I am where I expected to be on the integrated list...at the bottom.

T8
[/quote]

My friend,all I got to say is you guys made a pact with the devil by signing off on that agreement. Qualified for the job. I suppose. But I'll always wonder if you would have been able to get a job at USAir the traditional way.You know. Interviews with HR reps, Psych and med evals not to mention all the other hoops the furloughed folks jumped through when they got hired. I think that's the bigger issue. Sorry, but somehow it just doesn't pass the "smell test". Just because management waved their magic wand and gave it their blessing doesn't make it right.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
trainer8 said:
My employment with LCC was based on LOAs that LCC management and ALPA agreed to. LCC management's signatures are on the document. They said "yes" to my employment through the LOAs, in effect, saying I was qualified for the job and meeting the requirements that would have been satisfied in an interview. Nicolau agreed. I am where I expected to be on the integrated list...at the bottom.

T8

My friend,all I got to say is you guys made a pact with the devil by signing off on that agreement. Qualified for the job. I suppose. But I'll always wonder if you would have been able to get a job at USAir the traditional way.You know. Interviews with HR reps, Psych and med evals not to mention all the other hoops the furloughed folks jumped through when they got hired. I think that's the bigger issue. Sorry, but somehow it just doesn't pass the "smell test". Just because management waved their magic wand and gave it their blessing doesn't make it right.

Right for who...you? What baseline passes muster for you, sir? It's gotta be YOUR "smell test?" Or is it the AWA Pilot's "smell test?" Looks like Nicolau's "smell test" was good enough. It was good enough to hand down the intergrated list? Which is it?

Amazing...your sounding more and more like the East guys you critique and ridicule about here all the time. You go off about how haughty and arrogant they are about seeking DOH in the arbitration and make a "smell test" comment about other pilots like that? Seems like your not that much different from them after all.

FYI...it's about to happen again. PDT and PSA have been lobbying heavly for a Flow-Thru, piggy-backed on the same LOA's. And they have been lobbying the AWA MEC's approval and have received it. So, put your nose clothes-pin on my friend, cuz by YOUR testing methods, it's gonna get stinky having those kind of pilots around.

Perhaps the PDT and PSA pilots would like to comment about your "smell test."

T8

Again,why don't you try getting a job "'the old fashion way" . C'mon. Give it a try!! United's accepting applications ,last I heard. Don't you think starting off in a Boeing would be better off than flying some E190 around as a reserve F/O out of PHL? Not to mention being able to bid into a more extensive international system somewhere down the road. Oh,wait..I forgot, It was just a whole lot easier for you to get hired this way rather than running the HR / first year probation gauntlet like eveyone else has done before you. That's your "baseline" ,friend.

Last edited:
Again,why don't you try getting a job "'the old fashion way" . C'mon. Give it a try!! United's accepting applications ,last I heard. Don't you think starting off in a Boeing would be better off than flying some E190 around as a reserve F/O out of PHL? Not to mention being able to bid into a more extensive international system somewhere down the road. Oh,wait..I forgot, It was just a whole lot easier for you to get hired this way rather than running the HR / first year probation gauntlet like eveyone else has done before you. That's your "baseline" ,friend.

My baseline doesn't insult other pilots. It isn't arrogant or puffed up and condescending to pilots, as you have demonstrated.

You are correct. I'm not in your league. Not even close. If you are the demonstration of what an AWA pilot is, of what HR "passed" in it's psych evals, then I have no qualms being where I am.

T8

Latest resources

Back