Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa Executive Council Says No To AAA's Request To Vacate Arbitration Award.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Parker and Kirby have been spending a great deal of time in Chicago. This saga is far from over and we may see the biggest blow to the east side yet with a UAL combination. I can see several parts of both sides go away to make an even leaner stronger International carrier. Copy this post and show it again after the first of the year.

WD.

Won't happen. I'm not saying Parker and others may not be drooling at the possibility and might even make a formal proposal, but it aint in the cards, at least not in the near term.

.. Think about it, if it was 'believed that US Air was Never going to survive' what benefit was there to the company (US Air and AWA both), in having people talk of that??? 10 point to the one smart enough to come up with the right answer!!

Uh, the price would be below actual value? Of course it wasn't going Ch7.

In fact, I think another trip through bankruptcy would be good before the next merger.

Won't happen. I'm not saying Parker and others may not be drooling at the possibility and might even make a formal proposal, but it aint in the cards, at least not in the near term.

I'm not so sure this time. I never thought you guys were a good fit as the route structure just didn't make sense. I am still tired form this one and I feel it that it's about to happen all over again...

WD.

I'm not so sure this time. WD.

The issue is that neither carrier is a failing carrier facing possible liquidation without the merger. There is no mood on Capitol Hill to allow large network carriers to merge unless one is facing imminent liquidation without the merger. It goes beyond whether they would be a good fit or not. While some may wrongly question the power of Congress in mergers, let me assure you it far exceeds that of the DOJ, DOT and Wallstreet. As one Senator put it during the LCC attempted hostile takeover of DAL, "Wallstreet doesn't make public policy," and neither does the DOT or DOJ I might add. Believe me when I tell you, if Congress is opposed to the merger it wont happen.

Some of the issues in such a merger are, the follow on mergers of other network carriers it would spark, service overlap, reduce service due to "synergies", job loss, and in LCC's case, the inability to successfully execute their current merger.

JMHO, but the more likely scenario is a code share agreement with UAL similar to that achieved by DAL,CAL and NWA.

Of course I've been wrong before, just ask my wife.
I'll leave you with the last word on the matter.

Last edited:
FDJ--Wall Street IS what makes public policy--if it's in their interest.

Every 'Congresswhore' is owned by someone. Generally, it's by a company or companies that are in the F500.

Take a look at where your Representative and Senator's spouses work. Who's BOD are they on? What group do they lobby for?

If anyone here STILL believes the legislative process is even the slightest bit uncorrupted, you're either ignorant or delusional. Just look at the net worth of those in Congress. They didn't start with that kind of money and they shure as he!! didn't get there by saving their pay. TC

I agree with Whiskey, yet again.

Somethings up.

Grog:
Just don't drop your keys in front of him!:blush: :laugh:

Its funny listening to him about the "apparent toast" of Us Airways.
Why don't you ask him about when the Air Wisconsin pilots' money was stollen and invested in USAir first so AWAC pilots should be above seniority of all AWA pilots and the fact that it wasn't AWA that swooped to the rescue. It was AWAC/EASTSHORE AVIATION!

FDJ--Wall Street IS what makes public policy--if it's in their interest.

What's in their interest is getting re-elected and maintaining power. Supporting mergers that reduce air travel options and therefore negatively effects commerce in their home state or district does not make the job of getting re-elected any easier.

There are plenty of interests and interest groups beyond a narrow segment of wall street.

Therein lies your problem!! Now from current rep to former rep, have you even bothered to read the ENTIRE award?? All of the protection were contained within the award itself. You seem to be one of those who fails to understand the real difference between longevity and seniority further as a former rep you should also know merger policy and that in 1991 Date of hire was removed!! Further, you should know and fully understand all of the dynamics of this unique case and why the ruling came down as it did.

Now how can the UAL, NWA and the DAL merger committees all state that given all of the information they conclude that the award is fair yet you as a former rep never having even read the entire award feel justified in your assessment that it violates section 45???

WD`

I've read most of the award. I disagree with Nic's decision to use his crystal ball to determine the career expectations of the East pilots by determining that USAir would have liquidated had the West not come along. Making such a determination is outside of his responsibilities. He shouldn't be using "what if" scenarios to determine career expectations of the East pilots.

I'm fully award of current merger policy and the lacking of DOH. I'm not even saying that DOH should have been the way to go in this case. Far from it. However, Nic awarded a windfall to the West pilots by not putting appropriate fences in place on this award.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back