• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

ALPA doesn't take the "No AIT" stand

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
Who pays for SIDA badges, not the employees, so, just give me a national SIDA badge and I'll use the same entrance as the rampers, see problem solved.

AFAIK, the IAM/TWU/SEIU doesn't pay for the SIDA badges, so why should ALPA or the pilots of the airline pay for CrewPass?

JohnDoe

Total Time
For all you know, Captain Prater is behind the scenes telling the TSA and DHS that this either gets fixed by (insert date), or he'll give 53,000 pilots the direction to not accept AIT screening. That would get them moving on fixing the problem.

BWAHAHAHAHA

"Takin it back" Prater do something like that??........Will never happen.

That was proven when they created yet another alpa "survey" to "address" this problem. Hmmm, when did that happen before.........Seems to me they ignored the majority if memory serves.

densoo

Total Time
yes
Who pays for SIDA badges, not the employees, so, just give me a national SIDA badge and I'll use the same entrance as the rampers, see problem solved.

AFAIK, the IAM/TWU/SEIU doesn't pay for the SIDA badges, so why should ALPA or the pilots of the airline pay for CrewPass?
This just makes way too much sense.

Crzipilot

Total Time
10k+
PCL128, bought his way into the industry, now trying to suck his way.....

BlueBlood

Total Time
10000+
Hey PCL,

Since you mention what USAir/AMWest guys are making, why don't you enlighten us as to what your Captains make.

Schmuck!

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
BlueBlood, our captains top out at $153/hr right now. When the TA is ratified, that number goes up to $163/hr on DOS, and it goes up to $186/hr by the end of the contract.

BlueBlood

Total Time
10000+
How long will you be in the right seat when you transition over to WN, ya think?

COOPERVANE

Member since 1967
Total Time
<8000
Last edited: