Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EHE2

Disgruntled User
As most who are involved are well aware, G*jets will be adding 5 additional aircraft to their fleet this year. The classes required to staff this flying will be filled with furloughed United Airlines pilots in seniority order. These pilots will begin on second year FO pay. So, who will be providing the pay difference? Apparently ALPA, the same union that once opposed the creation of the alterego airline.

Where did you get this info?

I have seen it myself. TSA dues money going to a UAL guy working at go jets. Alpa only cares about the
Top five percent on any mainline list. They will sell you out dude. And what's up with the uber
Expensive magazine subscription $5,600 a year? And it goes to somebody at an alter ego
Company........nice.

Ironic....The ASA MEC just threatened pilots who go to GoJets...while the UAL MEC negotiates postitions for their furloughed pilots to go there....

Ironic....The ASA MEC just threatened pilots who go to GoJets...while the UAL MEC negotiates postitions for their furloughed pilots to go there....

How did they threaten them? Scott Hall and ASA said that it was acceptable to work at Go Jets.

Best thing they could do is go to Go Jets and then leave as soon as ASA recalls! ;-)

How did they threaten them? Scott Hall and ASA said that it was acceptable to work at Go Jets.

Best thing they could do is go to Go Jets and then leave as soon as ASA recalls! ;-)

I wouldn't call it a threat, more like a notice of what you may deal with if you take a job. I don't have a problem with guys who take jobs there now but prior to the NMB decision, I'll step on their necks if I get the chance.

Problem with going to BlowJet is that you have to resign you right of recall.

ASA MEC put it out in the Connection...Implied that it was a bad career move....ie a subtle threat.

I wouldn't call it a threat, more like a notice of what you may deal with if you take a job. I don't have a problem with guys who take jobs there now but prior to the NMB decision, I'll step on their necks if I get the chance.

Problem with going to BlowJet is that you have to resign you right of recall.

How can ALPA have any credibility on the issue when one MEC says it is a bad move, while one of the elephant MECs actually tries to place it's pilots at the same carrier?

"BlowJet" is a direct creation of a failed scope policy by the mainline pilots....and now it's OK for them to work there, but not for ASA pilots...ALPA has lost what little credibility they had....

Latest resources

Back