• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa at Flex?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I along with tons of you did not like the ibt . Then I read the bios of all the people running the airline division of the ibt . They are all retired alpa guys from the majors . I did my due diligence and called and asked them questions . My honest conclusions - we need the ibt to protect us from kenn . No other choice . We simply cannot work for directional without a contract . Now that's something you can take to the bank . Bottom line if kenn and Dac had a history of doing right by people we would not even be having this discussion

Thanks Flex605, you certainly called like it is. The guys that fall for Uncle's sales pitch can never forecee themselves being targeted by the company. All they have seen so far is criticissm from those of us that lived thru "The Great Hate".

The IBT Mentality thing here has to stop. The IBT is all of us and our fellow pilots. Some people are acting like the IBT is some outside foreign cancer thats invading our company..Thats crazy. EVERY PILOTS FLEX N FLOPS. Soon to be ONESKY can get on the board and help this pilot group as a whole not the 10% KR is looking to enrich while the other 90% loose everything

The IBT Mentality thing here has to stop. The IBT is all of us and our fellow pilots. Some people are acting like the IBT is some outside foreign cancer thats invading our company..Thats crazy. EVERY PILOTS FLEX N FLOPS. Soon to be ONESKY can get on the board and help this pilot group as a whole not the 10% KR is looking to enrich while the other 90% loose everything

Agree 110%, people tend to forget that the teamsters are here only to advise us and those advisers were at Net Jets when they got their industry setting contract. We the pilots are the 1108. Let's work together to move our profession forward!

Arn't all the people associated with the IBT1108 leadership and members pilots?
I think the secretary in the office is the only one who is not a pilot that is associated with this local.

All of us want the pilots of FO, Flex and TMC to be better paid and have better benefits since it raises the bar for all pilots.

Arn't all the people associated with the IBT1108 leadership and members pilots?
I think the secretary in the office is the only one who is not a pilot that is associated with this local.

All of us want the pilots of FO, Flex and TMC to be better paid and have better benefits since it raises the bar for all pilots.

That's a fact! And this time management can not use the economy as a reason to to keep the bar low. Remember " the other guy's can't keep paying those kind of wages in this economy's" and "this will give us the competitive edge to grow this company's" rhetoric that we had to swallow.
I wish we had taped all of His company updates so we could show them to the Flex guy's so they know who they are dealing with.

I didn't get any info on the other Flex Union thread so I'll post it here:

How many crew still on furlough or bypass at Options, and how will they be handled during the "fair and equitable" integration?

Although V1 & I have had disagreements, I do appreciate that he’s done some extensive research and that he’s sent in his card.

Initially, I can see how an ALPA argument has interest. I, too , asked the same question years ago when DT (of the IBT) was sending single-paged mailers that read like an elementary grade booklet.

It’s easy to get hung up on what political candidates the Teamsters may endorse, but this stuff is small potatoes. Some of the PAC’s you donate to, the businesses you patronize, & your friends have different political beliefs, as well.

A lot has changed since 15 years ago and the 1108 is a different animal. The representation is professional and top-notch. Most of the Teamster managers came from ALPA & the lawyers do more than just show up to collect a paycheck: they believe in who & what they’re representing.

ALPA has a great deal of experience with 121 ops but, look, when it comes to my union, my pilot, my attorney, my doctor, and my strippers, I don’t believe in the “learn while you earn” program. Okay, well maybe for my strippers, that’s okay, but everyone else, I need someone who knows the game and has experience playing it.

ALPA is an outstanding organization, but you can find plenty of pilots dissatisfied with their work by visiting the Regional section of this board. True, the Regionals have had contracts, representation, and improvements to their work rules & pay. But in comparison to the majors, they’ve been whipsawed & kept as a B scale wage group.

Let’s not forget the US Airways vs. America West dispute. It’s unfair to label this as ALPA’s fault, but for all their efforts, US Airways has remained a divided work group. From September 2005, through the AA merger, these guys refused to see the long-term picture and have sacrificed millions.

That’s something we can’t do. This integration is going to occur. It’s inevitable. How FJ pilots wish to be represented is the question.

Even without Union representation, FJ will still be able to have a group to assist in the “fair and equitable” integration, but they’ll bear all the costs. And afterwards, they’ll have little recourse to defend whatever merger plan is accepted. Uncle will play along for a bit, then begin to place his favorites wherever he wants. Let’s face it: there won’t be a thing you’ll be able to do about it. He’s done it before, he’ll do it again.

No one at Flight Options ever asks what company we came from anymore, because it’s irrelevant: We’re all Flight Options. This history, too, will repeat itself. It’s just a going to take a little time, because, yes, integration IS going to happen.

Options pilots can’t do this alone, just as the Flex pilots can’t do it alone. This is what I hope you tell the fence-sitters: Flex is simply no more, no matter what fancy “storefront” uncle calls you. You, me, we’re all DAC from here on out.

Take a look at last week’s news about the West Coast Dock Worker’s Union. It’s incredible what a united, strong group of professional workers is capable of.

Latest resources

Back