Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bmpilot2003

Registered Donor
Latest VARS update said that the numbers of cards required for a secret ballot has been exceeded......So much for the drive being dead.

Thank God!
Lets put it out for a vote, so we can move on.

How long before the next drive comes out?

Thank God!

How long before the next drive comes out?

CFIT... you'll be doing quality committee work before you know it....

Admittedly, there is a bit of satisfaction in knowing you've helped your fellow pilot with resources you would've not have had otherwise and the sincere thanks and respect that comes with it......

Latest VARS update said that the numbers of cards required for a secret ballot has been exceeded......So much for the drive being dead.

Only 35% is required to hold a vote. I spoke with one of our ALPA reps. who is working with the Skywest organization committee and he said ALPA wanted 75% before a vote. He didn't sound too convinced that they would reach that goal.

CFIT... you'll be doing quality committee work before you know it....

Admittedly, there is a bit of satisfaction in knowing you've helped your fellow pilot with resources you would've not have had otherwise and the sincere thanks and respect that comes with it......

OH! notice that, small primates extruding from my nether regions, and they appear aerodynamic.

Ya, something like that.....

I would just like the truth.. This is so alpa to do this. If you want SkyWest then start by giving us the facts. How many cards are back. Eveyone you talk to has a different story. This is why most of us left alpa airlines to come to SkyWest! My guess is they have the 35% and are just trying to stir the pot, keep things alive. What ever!!!

Thank God!

Don't expect a vote until at least the spring time. Probably a little later. The drive is just now kicking into high gear, and ALPA will want to make sure that we reach the entire pilot group and effectively communicate what the union is about before holding a vote.

I agree, let's vote on it and move on.

Last edited:
It sure looks to me like ALPA is just chasing the growth. What are they telling you guys: vote ALPA in, and soon you will be just like Comair?
On the other hand maybe thats part of managements plan to keep labor down.
I think this is where a quote I once heard may come in handy "fly plane-collect paycheck"
RCA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back