ALPA and SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CFIT,

I don't quite remember the exact amount, but I believe I sent about $40.00/month for three months for their strike assesment(This was voluntary, by the way). If I remember right, the amount assesed was based on whether you were a Captain or First Officer(I was an FO at the time). This money went straight to the Comair pilot group, to give them an income while the strike played out. I don't believe it would be any higher if it was a main line group out on strike.

I was glad to pay this out to my brothers at Comair, will happiliy do it again if ASA (or any other group) goes out on strike, and hope that if my pilot group needed it, others would do the same.

Peace.

Rekks.

Thanks Rekks,
So the amount is not a fixed percentage of income and is voluntary?

Up front simple ALPA question for those who may know: It appears ASA is going nowhere fast with their negotiations, if they were to be released to strike and were out the same amount as Comair was (approx 90 days) how and what would the "strike assessment" fee be to pilots at SkyWest if they were ALPA?

Would the strike assessment fee be different if, just suppose, UnitedNorthwestDelta (any legacy) pilots went on strike, what would be the fee for regional pilots?

Truly an honest question, no flame baiting. Thanks

CFIT! Have you read Flying the Line? If not, will you?

When Comair went on strike, we voted on whether or not we would support the Comair pilots. I gladly paid the assessment. It was a small percentage of my pay in addition to the dues assessment. That was about 6 years ago, so if my memory is cloudy, I am all for a correction fellas...

ALPA approved payments of $1,400 per month to
striking Comair pilots during the strike period

The ALPA national union also has paid out more than $4 million to bolster the Comair branch, not to mention an assessment being made against every ALPA member to offer strike pay for the grounded Comair pilots.
Bottom Line: I was glad to support my fellow pilot and I will do it again without question and hesitation. That includes the SkyWest Pilots.....

Rez,
Believe it or not, I too sent in money, I know one check was for $50 and the other check was either 25 or also 50, but I don't remember either.

I am just wondering what is the specific bylaw for strike assessment, I'm thinking it must be set, isn't it?

Rez,
Believe it or not, I too sent in money, I know one check was for $50 and the other check was either 25 or also 50, but I don't remember either.

I am just wondering what is the specific bylaw for strike assessment, I'm thinking it must be set, isn't it?

It's not. It's completely voluntary. But is very nice to know that a "non alpa" carrier is supportive of an apla carrier!

Rez,

Very cool.....thanks...

What about Flying the Line.... got some time to check it out?

HelloNewman This message is hidden because HelloNewman is on your ignore list.

The ONLY person on my list. I don't like censorship, however, he is too much of an idiot to even LISTEN to!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back