• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Age 60 Survey

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take the survey and ask your block rep why they won't allow the furloughed guys to partake. I smell a sham already.

Bailout, if you're young and vote yes on this then you're an absolute idiot. I'm in my 20s and with a 10% contribution to my 401k I will have several million dollars if I retire at age 60. If you can't survive retirement on $3-5 million, then you've got some real problems.

Vote yes so those reaching 60 and those just retired can get their pay and seat back until age 70.

For those of you that vote no you can negotiate your age 60 or less or even just quit at your leasure.

Raising the age now would be a disaster for the furlouged folks. Just what they need is another couple years on the street. The +60 crowd wants it all,
why not change so they could fly as FO? "NO I want it all!!!"

I think it smacks of greed from the all "about me crowd."

You knew the rules when you started this profession, don't change it
now have some dignity and class and pass on the whining.

Dave B

PCL_128 said:
Bailout, if you're young and vote yes on this then you're an absolute idiot. I'm in my 20s and with a 10% contribution to my 401k I will have several million dollars if I retire at age 60. If you can't survive retirement on $3-5 million, then you've got some real problems.

oh that assessment doesn't have too many sunny assumptions in it does it? youth - the eternal optimist

Last edited:
I have put up with 30 years of crap just to get where I am now. You young guys have had it made and have no idea how tough it can be. I remember a friend of mine with UAL spent 12 years in the back seat and still was on reserve. Finally in 85 thngs started to move. Would I vote to stay in the airplane as long as possible, you bet, all of us have earned it.

semperfido said:
oh that assessment doesn't have too many sunny assumptions in it does it? youth - the eternal optimist

Actually, those are rather conservative numbers. I'm assuming a final annual earnings of no more than $150,000 and a modest ROI of 6%. Historically, I'll do much better than that. In any case, no matter how much money I end up with at retirement, I won't be trying to screw over furloughed pilots just so I can make a few more bucks.

TurboS7 said:
I have put up with 30 years of crap just to get where I am now. You young guys have had it made and have no idea how tough it can be. I remember a friend of mine with UAL spent 12 years in the back seat and still was on reserve. Finally in 85 thngs started to move. Would I vote to stay in the airplane as long as possible, you bet, all of us have earned it.

Oh, this is really rich. You didn't "put up with 30 years of crap," you were the one dishing out the crap along with the rest of your SCAB buddies and your friend Lorenzo. After you stabbed your fellow pilots in the back by crossing the picket line, you don't even deserve the job you have now, let alone keeping it past age 60.

PCL_128 said:
Oh, this is really rich. You didn't "put up with 30 years of crap," you were the one dishing out the crap along with the rest of your SCAB buddies and your friend Lorenzo. After you stabbed your fellow pilots in the back by crossing the picket line, you don't even deserve the job you have now, let alone keeping it past age 60.

grrrrrr he says biting his tongue

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back