• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha pilots flying for free?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yessir they did, at ALPA National's advice.

It's embarrassing...

Hmmmmmm.........probably more to the story than anyone on here knows. I suspect there's probably a deal to get these guys their pay. Isn't their management still submitting their plan to the Court?

And are these guys the ones that were flying out of seniority order?

Another stellar example of a union that has completely lost touch with reality and the actual purpose they are in existence for. This is an obvious example of National trying to walk on egg shells to not rock their boat with the politicians. If this isn't evidence the ALPA is irreparably broken and beyond repair, I don't know what is.

Maybe it is time for a complete membership dues holiday to force change and policy at the top. The only way these officers lining their pockets with grossly disproportionate salaries of their constituents will change, is to cut off their funding.

And this post is another stellar example of some ALPA-hater, letting emotion cloud his/her judgement, and not waiting for the facts. Typical flightinfo dribble.

Also, if the last paragraph of pluck's link is correct, it looks like ALPA is at least attempting to go to bat for Aloha's pilots. I haven't a clue if they'll be successful as I know that bankruptcy is certainly stacked against labor, but at least they're trying.

Freightdog- Sorry you lost your job, even though we've gone around the ring once or twice.

some ALPA-hater, letting emotion cloud his/her judgement, and not waiting for the facts.

UALDRIVER,

If UAL went into bankruptcy and stopped paying you, would you continue working?

UAL pilots struck over a B scale issue back in '85 and that was basically over a promised raise.

UALDRIVER,

If UAL went into bankruptcy and stopped paying you, would you continue working?

UAL pilots struck over a B scale issue back in '85 and that was basically over a promised raise.

If the Aloha pilots were told by ALPA legal counsel that they were going to be paid, I don't have a problem with that......not that it matters what I think. Work for free? Nope. Who would?

Well said UalDriver, I really don't know what's going on, except that these guys have been thrown some pretty wild curve balls and are trying to deal with it the best they can. You people are making it sound like they are willing to fly for nothing, when in fact they are trying to preserve what is left as best they can in some very unusual circumstances. They are dealing with a lot of variables that we know nothing about. It's a weird deal and all I can say is good luck to them, let them sort it out and the rest of us really aren't in a good position to judge.

And this post is another stellar example of some ALPA-hater, letting emotion cloud his/her judgement, and not waiting for the facts. Typical flightinfo dribble.

Also, if the last paragraph of pluck's link is correct, it looks like ALPA is at least attempting to go to bat for Aloha's pilots. I haven't a clue if they'll be successful as I know that bankruptcy is certainly stacked against labor, but at least they're trying.

Freightdog- Sorry you lost your job, even though we've gone around the ring once or twice.

Another post of an ALPA Kool Aid drinker that is letting the lack of logic and reason blind your judgment. You want some emotion? How about this. FU pay me or the airplanes don't move. I wonder how fast they will reach an agreement then?

What facts do you need? Is the seniority system being honored? What contractual promises are being made and agreed in writing for performing this work? What rates of pay will be given to these pilots retroactive to service performed? They are in fact, until an agreement is reached in writing, working for free. Is there a memorandum between the parties or are we now just indentured servants with ALPA in exchange for a little hope things will work out peachy?

Let's not even talk about pay. How smart is it to advise your membership to work under no CBA with a company no longer in existence? What happens to the estates of these pilots if heaven forbid there is an accident and hey are killed? What if they survive who is going to provide protection? ALPA? Without a written agreement it is incredulous ALPA would even advise this let alone somebody exposing themselves legally. It just shows how truly impotent and fearful ALPA has become. I sure haven't seen ALPA indemnifying these pilots while telling them to fly.

Bankruptcy stacked against labor? A little late for that excuse. I am sure thrilled to know that when the chips are really down, ALPA will advise me to go to work for a bag of promises to a company who already, while operating after the shutdown wouldn't even honor the existing CBA regarding seniority. Given the abysmal start to honoring the ALPA CBA you think it is prudent (besides the obvious of bastardizing our worth as a profession) to trust this new company?

At what point do we as a collective group finally say enough is enough? Besides the insult the precedent this sets and signals by ALPA is a new low. If United fails and you were in this position are you going to decide to fly pro bono? If as you say "you haven't a clue if ALPA will be successful", then you should be realize right away there is a problem.

Last edited:
Well this just takes the cake!! For all the Aloha pilots flying for free....YOU ARE ALL MORONS, AND YOU SUCK!!!! I guess management around the industry knows where they can find some scabs if need be. These Aloha clowns are perfect scabs in the making.

And here I thought they were talking strike a couple weeks back. Something about selling off the cargo side and wanting job protection. ALPA is as worthless as tits on a bull!!

Don't be such an ***********************************. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Another post of an ALPA Kool Aid drinker that is letting the lack of logic and reason blind your judgment. You want some emotion? How about this. FU pay me or the airplanes don't move. I wonder how fast they will reach an agreement then?

First of all, does it make sense that ALPA National would tell a bunch of guys to go fly airplanes for free if there was little to no likelihood that they weren't going to be paid? Yeah, yeah. ALPA sucks, blah, blah, blah. But if you can put the emotion aside, ALPA doesn't gain anything by telling these guys to fly for free. Like I said before, there's probably more to it than any of us know.

Second of all, the Aloha pilots and MEC are big boys and girls. ALPA National can "advise" all they want. It's the Aloha MEC and ultimately their pilots to decide whether they fly or not. If you want to direct your anger at someone, I suggest you direct in the correct direction.

Third, you think the deck being stacked against labor in bankruptcy is some sort of excuse? So you're arguing that labor isn't at serious disadvantage during a bankrutcy proceeding? Have you been following along during the past few airline Chapter 11 cases? Did you notice how many times our bankruptcy judge gave management carte blanche to execute their plans? Again, your emotions get in the way of logic.

I think you said you are going to law school. Great. When are you leaving?

Latest resources

Back