Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aloha info

got jumpseat-
just spoke with a good friend of mine who is in ground school at aloha. he is currently furloughed with usair. another mutual friend is in the nov 4th class and is furloughed from united. apparently, aloha is giving everyone a fair chance at the job! if you have the credentials you should really apply. they are having another class in january and expecting a feb and march class as well. they have 3 new a/c coming by the end of the year. good luck!

jim-
i read that same article you posted. there was a similar one run the next day with your spokesman keoni waggener??? saying that times were equally as tough at HAL. when i spoke with my friend at aloha he was under the impression that the main point of the concessions were so aloha would qualify for the atsb loan. financially, there is no way aloha could be getting new aircraft at the rate they are if they were in real financial trouble. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they are making money hand over fist, but they did report a small profit for the 3rd quarter. which is kind of amazing considering. i think their cargo ops bring in some good revenues for them.

that island market is tough. its so isolated and dependant. i hope both aloha and hal pull through these tough times. from a financial standpoint, its really too bad that merger you two were looking at didn't go through. looked like a great deal for both companies involved. i hope you guys don't furlough, there are too many pilots on the streets right now! time for you to start expanding!!!! question for you, what is your relationship with management like? is john adams a pretty good guy?

Re: aloha info

inseattlewa said:
got jumpseat-
just spoke with a good friend of mine who is in ground school at aloha. he is currently furloughed with usair. another mutual friend is in the nov 4th class and is furloughed from united. apparently, aloha is giving everyone a fair chance at the job!

Yes I heard about the US Air guy. If its the same guy,.. a friend of mine is an AQ CA and showed this guy or some other US Air guy to the Chief Pilots office. Apparently he flew to Hawaii on his on dime just to walk his own stuff in. Apparently he is looking at maybe up to 9 years before being called back at US Air if they are still around so Aloha figured just maybe he might stay after 9 years seniority. He is an exception, the chief pilots office has a back room stacked to the roof with resumes from furloughed pilots that will most likely never be read.

I have my stuff in at both HA & AQ. I wanted to keep AQ as my second choice and interview with HA first. With only two choices of airlines to work for at home I cant afford to burn any bridges. I still would love to fly the 767 for HA to places like PHX and NYC.

The last few months I have seen three of my friends get hired at Aloha while I was waiting for Hawaiian. After the failed merger I pretty much believed Hawaiians story but.... Two friends at Aloha pretty much helped me to see the light and more so I was just getting discouraged waiting for HA to rev up again and asking United and Hawaiian captains "got jumpseat?" so I dropped off my stuff at AQ.. If I got called by both at this time I think I would rather go to Aloha. Their business model is solid and Peter Clark shared their plans for expansion with me and I won't get into it here but their 700 flying is going to explode. The best I can tell they are doing everything they can to keep it a secret to the rest of the aviation industry so by the time everybody catches on they will have the market they are after well secured. But that's just a silly rumor in an obscure internet chat room nothing more right?? If Hawaiian called me before Aloha I would be honored to go there. Whoever hires me first I guess. I am so proud of both airlines it is hard to choose.

both good companies

both airlines are pretty darn good companies me thinks. from the financials i've read, that stock by back made by hawaiian put $17 million of the total buyback into adam's accounts. its good to know that you are aware of the kind of people involved in part of your operation. the rest of the operation looks pretty solid, and the people i know at HAL are pretty happy! i hope everything comes together well for ya! and i hope aloha doesn't have to give 10% to get a loan! only time will tell...

reepicheep said:
What are Aloha's pilot domiciles?

Only HNL now, but there are talks of a mainland domicile. Maybe OAK, SNA or LAS?? Thats all I have heard. Anybody else know?

LAS wouldn't surprise me. If I'm not mistaken, Aloha already uses LAS as a maintenance base for the -700's. It would make sense as a domicile as many flights to the West Coast continue on to LAS.

Somebody sent me that article yesterday. They were my feelings exactly after riding AQ's 700 service out of OAK & SNA. WHo is this guy Branticelli anyway?

How do you apply at Aloha Airlines

How do you apply at Aloha Airlines?

I've checked their website out and can't find anything about hiring. Do I just send a resume to this address?

Aloha Airlines
P.O. Box 30028
Honolulu, HI 96820

Does anybody have more info than just this?

Yep, that's the address. However, your best bet is to either have someone walk your resume in or walk it in yourself and meet Peter Clark in person.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back