• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aloha Airlines Sues Mesa Air Group

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Holly Hegeman? Wasn't she involved in some sort lawsuit with Mesa? I think JO sued her when she wrote a couple of less-than-glowing reviews about "our dear leader".

I don't know the details (or care), but I think you can be pretty sure that she's not exactly unbiased after having to spend a bunch of cash on lawyers to defend herself . . . on what was probably a bunch of b.s., considering it was settled w/o any monetary damages being awarded.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2003-10-20-ornstein_x.htm

Jonathan is a piece of work," says Hegeman, who settled the lawsuit this summer without having to pay damages. The lawsuit, she says, "was a classic bullying tactic. He wouldn't have sued some big media organization for writing the same thing, but I'm a little guy, and he knew $50,000 in legal fees would be a lot of money."

Still, Hegeman says, Ornstein is "an excellent turnaround person. What's not proven, I think, is that he can both turn around a company and manage it for the long term, I don't think he's interested in day-to-day operations

(based on this sentence alone, I think she might actually know what she's talking about!)

Last edited:
Holly Hegeman? Wasn't she involved in some sort lawsuit with Mesa?

Yes, she hates JO, big newsflash there! Even more interesting is the quote from Scott Hamilton. He has known David Banmiller from his days at Pan Am and Scott has never liked Banmiller at all. Not sure why but they had serious issues. So for Scott to say this,...

"Based on what happened in the bankruptcy court ruling with Hawaiian Airlines, Ornstein should be on Banmiller's doorstep with a check asking what it would cost to make this go away."
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
SAYS A LOT.

Latest resources

Back