• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest News

February 11, 2005

ALOHA AIRLINES AND FLIGHT ATTENDANTS REACH AGREEMENT

HONOLULU– Aloha Airlines and the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) jointly announced today the ratification of a new contract that begins February 1, 2005 and runs through January 1, 2007.

The AFA bargaining unit represents 444 Aloha flight attendants. The two parties have agreed not to release details of the new contract at this time.

“Aloha’s world class flight attendants are to be commended for having been among the first of the employee groups to reach agreement on a new contract,” said David A. Banmiller, Aloha’s president and chief executive officer. “Ratification of their contract brings us a step closer to our goal.”

“Our members are dedicated professionals who are proud to represent Aloha Airlines,” said Peggy Gordon, president of the Aloha Airlines Master Executive Council of the AFA. “We recognize that our participation is necessary to secure a future for the airline.”

Aloha’s AFA group joins the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) District Lodge 141 in ratifying new contracts.

This must be the easiest Ch. 11 ever. Any labor group not come to an agreement yet?

This must be the easiest Ch. 11 ever. Any labor group not come to an agreement yet?

ya, the WP pilots. Oh, I forgot, you still think you are a separate company.

hint: When Banmiller talked with the pilots and was asked about the "sale" of WP, he said, "I'm still trying to figure out what to do about that situation".

Sleepyhead said:
ya, the WP pilots. Oh, I forgot, you still think you are a separate company.

hint: When Banmiller talked with the pilots and was asked about the "sale" of WP, he said, "I'm still trying to figure out what to do about that situation".

When Banmiller was asked about the sale and the money recieved from it at a pilot meeting, he said that AQ acutally have NOT recieved the money, Willis has not paid yet. SO, was there or was there not a "sale", cause I am still holding my breath for the -400s!

Latest resources

Back