• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Vs. Primiras

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Primaris- has 2 757's and getting a 3rd one soon- no 767s yet. I have a friend who has been there for a year and will be upgrading by the end of the year. He does all international flying which would be different than flying for Allegiant doing all domestic flying.

My friend has done charters to the carribean and central and south america. Also Poland, Sweden, Spain, Egypt. Primaris is also supposed to be starting a contract this month going from Vancouver B.C. to China with a fuel stop in Russia along the way. So I would think it would be a matter of doing international charter versus scheduled 121 domestic.

Also Primaris will buy you tickets to and from work- no jumpseating to work.

Would you rather I shoot you with a .9mm or a .44...........I think that given this choice Allegiant is the obvious choice.

Jason was the guys name. When he emailed me the title he had was Chief Pilot/VP of flight Ops.

it's good to hear what some people have been saying about my question.

The pay at Primaris is $57/ hour to start.

3 757's at present. Maybe a 767 later, maybe not.

Not to sound rude, but maybe you need to review the notes of your conversation so you will be more aware of the decision points.

as far as a long term decision i would choose Allegiant, but i didn't know if someone knew something about Primaris that might change my mind.
Depends. Do you live in an Allegiant base? Can you survive the year or two on the low F/O pay? Would you rather do scheduled domestic 121 flying or int'l non-sched flying? Have you ever done the non-sched thing before? If not, look into it a little more first. It's not for everyone-- unstructured, always changing, no "real" hard-lines, etc. Some of us prefer the non-sched environment (it's certainly a lot more interesting, and most of the crews are great...), but like I said, it's not for everyone...

Primaris is good as far as non-scheds go. Is it Delta or CAL? No, but not all of us want to fly for CAL or Delta...

Can't comment on Primaris, but as for Allegiant; Solid, well run, profitable, growing, & good guys to work with. IMHO.

former AAY pilot

Does Allegiant have shiny new 787's on order??

Primaris does, 40 if my memory is correct (don't always count on it being correct though)

I don't really care who does what, but I thought I would throw that in anyway.

Does Allegiant have shiny new 787's on order??

Primaris does, 40 if my memory is correct (don't always count on it being correct though)

I don't really care who does what, but I thought I would throw that in anyway.

Allegiant has more MD80s coming, and with new paint, all the aircraft are shiny. May be not new though. They wash the ones they currently have too.

Latest resources

Back