• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Vs. Primiras

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does Allegiant have shiny new 787's on order??

Primaris does, 40 if my memory is correct (don't always count on it being correct though)

I don't really care who does what, but I thought I would throw that in anyway.[/quo

Primaris was going to be the launch customer for the 787. Guess the check did not show up! If their website is still going check it out. They are suposed to have lots of airplanes and fly all over the place.
Ha...Ha...!

Depends. Do you live in an Allegiant base? Can you survive the year or two on the low F/O pay? Would you rather do scheduled domestic 121 flying or int'l non-sched flying? Have you ever done the non-sched thing before? If not, look into it a little more first. It's not for everyone-- unstructured, always changing, no "real" hard-lines, etc. Some of us prefer the non-sched environment (it's certainly a lot more interesting, and most of the crews are great...), but like I said, it's not for everyone...

Primaris is good as far as non-scheds go. Is it Delta or CAL? No, but not all of us want to fly for CAL or Delta...

Survive the first year pay at Allegiant?? As opposed to what? Legacy Carriers??

NWA? year 1 FO = $30, year 2 FO = $57
CAL?.................. $31.................. $56
UAL? ..................$32.................. $50
USAIR?............... $25.................. $57

New pay rates effective Nov 1 07 for Allegiant:

Year 1 = $41 (no change), Year 2 = $51

So, let's put this in perspective: year 1 at AAY is roughly 25% higher than Legacies (always has been) and year 2 is comparable, BUT most haven't made it to year 2, as they've already upgraded (that's not expected to change anytime soon). So at year 2, per the 1 Nov pay scale, they would be forced to 'survive' on $85/hour not including 130% over 81 hrs and a generous yearly profit sharing bonus.

Tough sleddin'.

Down the road? Here's another comparison that includes the '09 pay rates for captain:

NWA 10 yr DC-9 = $122 in 2009
UAL 10 yr 737 = $130 in 2009
US(east) 10yr737=$122 in 2009
AAY 10 yr MD80 = $124 in 2009

Again, above table does not include profit sharing or variable compensation (130% > 81 Hrs).

Just wanted to clear things up a bit as there's a mindset (along with a myriad of posts) that AAY is paid bottom-feeder wages. Although that may have been the case in the past, (like most start-ups), times are a changin'. An apples to apples comparison places AAY on par with legacy carriers that have been in business for generations. It has little to no competition and a business plan that has resulted in an unprecedented 18% profit margin. we've doubled in size every year since we started and the future looks very bright.

Best part, thanks to our advisory group, we've been making remarkable improvements in compensation over the last 3 years and will continue to do so with the new rates.

D1

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back