• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Travel Company Reports First Quarter 2007 Financial Results

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Desert, just so the wrong guy doesn't get flamed on the line here, let me just say CD are "Faux" initials. I know Who Garrett & Pratt is and it's not CD. Though I don't agree with G&P's opinion, I will not disclose who he/she is.. Sorry.

Just wanted to pass that along, because the actual CD (though I don't know him) really doesn't need to get a bum rap he doesn't deserve. G&P is not a new guy.

Thanks D-B. No, I wouldn't imagine someone would be foolish enough to post their initials at the bottom of a rant like that. I just used them as Garrret&Pratt was a bit wordy...

To be honest, I'm not even remotely interested in finding out who it is (it's hard enough to keep karma in in the positive zone...).

From the jist of his (her?) post, his limited knowledge of past negotiations, and the fact he's still here, he appeared to be a new guy (aren't we all?). In any event, I wish him no ill-will (or anyone else), I just hope, for everyone's sake, he finds his 'happy place'. As unlikely as that may be...

Nonetheless, you make a good point...it's easy to make assumptions and end up thinking it's someone that it isn't. Appreciate the timely clarification, no telling how many read this board...

D1

Last edited:
old G&P post:

"More importantly Allegiant is a good place to work and with our recent pay raise things are indeed improving. Allegiant is what it is, I have been here not quite a year and I am looking at upgrading in 3 to 4 months. The money is better than any regional I have worked at and the QOL is better than I have known before. However, IT IS NOT A MAJOR AIRLINE!!!!! It is a START UP LIKE ANY OTHER!!!! We have had a few people come here and expect a TWA, AA, UAL, NWA, or CAL. They get on our pilot website and complain incessantly. It is really annoying, you want to ask them what sign was on the door when they waked in for the interview!

If you want to come here please send in your resume and interview, it is a good place to work for the right person, however if you are looking for a major airline job Southwest and others are hiring."

what's changed for ya buddy?

Tell us how you really feel. BTW I hear that jetBlue and AirTran are hiring, both of which are loosing money. I'm sure if you were employed by either of them you would be happy.

Uh what? First off its "losing". Last time I checked we are on our way to the 8th consecutive year of making money while continuing to grow and hire another 250 to 300 this year. Get your facts right before you post.

O.K., my fault. Airtran 8 years of making money, jetblue lost a few quarters but remain profitable annually.
I was wrong and I would also like to appoloozie for hitting the "o" twice. ooops!!

I will ignore the fact that people can't seem to keep from attacking me personally when I only talked about AAY. Your defensiveness Desert speaks volumes about you.(BTW I got my growth figures from MSNBC you got yours from the AAPAG website, I also did not get a 20% raise it works out to about 8%, I am to smart to trust slick accounting!) This forum needs to know that we all don't buy into the "new and different" way of thinking that management here started. This "new and different" thinking still allows no protection for us when we are sold or merged into another company. This is why so many people are leaving or trying to leave AAY!!

AAPAG needs to think of everyone at this company not just the senior LAS pilots who live in base. You are elected reps and if you can't take listening to another point of view or take criticism you need to grow thicker skin. I will not argue anymore and you can say what you want. You know the saying about arguing on the internet. I have said my piece.

CD
Let's see, YOU filled out an application and applied to Allegiant, YOU accepted the interview, YOU knew the pay before YOU accepted the job, YOU knew the work rules, and YOU chose to accept to go work at Allegiant! Folks it just gets old that people don't accept responsibility for THEIR OWN actions. CD, you knew all the facts before you decided to go work at Allegiant, no one put a gun to your head and made you work there. Pilots continue to go to these start up carriers accepting the low wages in hopes that they will change them when they are there. Depending on the economics, they may be successful or just become frustrated. But that is your choice! If it is that bad, you have a choice to apply somewhere else and just leave. Again airline managers have pilots pegged because we will do just about anything to fly a JET! We pilots have created this environment and must lay in the beds that we have made! Now go fly your MD-80 and love it!

Iv'e been wondering about that myself? Its one thing to rant anonymously but to actually pose as someone else! Wow

No, he wasn't trying to pose as someone else. I know GarretandPratt well. He just gets confused about things because he is "ill-informed" and "childish" and all. :) I can't believe that he is so unhappy. Maybe it is time for CD, or G&P to just move on. Allegiant could give him a heart attack.

--Iowa

Latest resources

Back