• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant to furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have read the thread and as usual I'm still clueless.

Is this a fake hang up? Hello? Dr. Marvin?

They must have been parked all week. I flew out on Tuesday and back on Saturday and all the airplanes were on the pad.

Thats how they operate. Very few departures on Tues and Sats. If you look at the sched, only very heavy markets are flown those days.

2 classes in October. 12 slots Oct 1, 12 on Oct 29.

Do you know what is competitive to get in over there? What base can you expect as a new hire, how long to the exact month to upgrade? How long to the exact month will a new hire be on reserve?

And while you are looking that stuff up, how many guys are they planning to hire in 2009 and 2010?

Competitive Mins? I don't think anyone can answer that question now. I was hired in the last class, which was back in February. I can tell you I had 3,100 hours at the time with 1,200 turbine PIC all in turboprops. The state of the industry has changed and there are more to choose from and they can be as picky as they want now.

How long on reserve to the month?! Hahaha! Again, see above. I've been here since Feb. and I'm still on reserve, along with everyone in my class. However, before us, people were only on reserve for a month or two at the most. If hired in Oct, expect to be on reserve for a long time.

How long to upgrade? Well, the most junior captain upgraded in Jan. and spent about a year and a couple of months as an FO. I expect it to be AT LEAST 2 years now, if not more.

Still, no one knows. We could stop growing for 5 years or continue classes for the next year straight. Either way, anyone who gets hired should consider themselves lucky. As CHPR stated, 5,500 resumes. Combine that with at least 200 pilots walking in stuff for their friends and only 24 spots. Good luck.

Do you know what is competitive to get in over there? What base can you expect as a new hire, how long to the exact month to upgrade? How long to the exact month will a new hire be on reserve?

LOL, ha ha. Good one, had me going for a couple seconds.

Latest resources

Back