Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grey Ghost

God Bless America!
any truth? I overheard two check airman talking at the training center and they said it was very likely in the near future! I hope not!

any truth? I overheard two check airman talking at the training center and they said it was very likely in the near future! I hope not!

Which check airman and which training center?

A few months ago you're flaming Allegiant and now you work here?

I was chatting with a Allegiant jumpseater the other day and in the course of discussing what life was like there and other things, he mentioned that a good portion of their business is becoming seasonal especially with oil where it is. That said, financially they seem like a sound company, but perhaps its a seasonal downsizing.

I was chatting with a Allegiant jumpseater the other day and in the course of discussing what life was like there and other things, he mentioned that a good portion of their business is becoming seasonal especially with oil where it is. That said, financially they seem like a sound company, but perhaps its a seasonal downsizing.

We have seasonal slowdowns every year... That's just our business plan. No need to keep the schedule going when people aren't traveling as much. The slowdown affects some bases more than others.

We've got a class in the sim right now and more airplanes on the way. Doesn't look like we're even close to furloughing anyone to me. I'll guess we'll see in a few weeks what the oil has done to our first quarter results.

Grey Ghost likes to pretend he knows everything about this company because he cleans the pool of one of our pilots. I've got him on the ignore list again.

Grey Ghost likes to pretend he knows everything about this company because he cleans the pool of one of our pilots. I've got him on the ignore list again.

Just keep combing the Las Vegas high school parking lots in that sweet ride with 18 speakers that you were bragging about that you drive!

View Post
post_old.gif
Today, 11:40 Remove user from ignore list
Grey Ghost This message is hidden because Grey Ghost is on your ignore list.

We just announced the resumption of our GSO service now that Skybus is no longer there.

I guess they can cancel the furlough notices now. :laugh:

Grey Ghost... Isn't that another name for a discolored crap?

There are times when we do have too many pilots and a furlough could be warranted, but the logistics of doing that are tricky. Rretraining and furloughing just because you have too many pilots for a period of a month or 2 is not worth it. Then you have pop up charter deals that seem to happen all the time, it is better to have plenty of pilots to fly the planes.

Latest resources

Back