• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant sub charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If these upgrades continue one would never see year 4 pay as an FO at spirit. Currently projected at 2 years, 3 months...

I came to Allegiant for the 2 year upgrade 5 years ago.

Still waiting.

Last edited:
I came to Allegiant for the 2 year upgrade 5 years ago.

Still waiting.

Everyone on the FO side of things, save for a few senior 'close to upgrade FOs' have applications out and will leave at the first possible opportunity. This is what I've heard. If you look at the difference in the total compensation packages it not hard to see why pilots want to leave. The question is how many captains will leave if they get the chance. So far this whole 'hiring boom' has been going off like a wet fire cracker.

Well the primary reason to stick with Allegiant was QOL/schedules now even that has gone down the $h!tter with the advent of HAL so I suspect even captains will start looking at Spirit jetBlue Vigin in addition to the legacies of course. The question is how many/ how fast.

The senior captains have not seen the crap that merlot throws out yet. Round about Sept-Oct-Nov when they start to hit that rolling 1000 limit and start getting the lines the junior guys are getting now is when the reality will set in. Then you'll see the apps going out.

Isn't Allegiant one of the most profitable airlines out there? Why is there no l:0ve from management regarding pay and benefits?

Isn't Allegiant one of the most profitable airlines out there? Why is there no l:0ve from management regarding pay and benefits?

That may change come Wednesday when the 4th Quarter financials are announced and we see what the effect of 2 months of outsourced flying has on the bottom line. Yes, Allegiant has been consistently profitable and even squeezed out a small profit when oil was $146/barrel and everyone else was hemorrhaging cash. Times have changed now. Almost all carriers are making boatloads of cash while offering compensation packages that make us look like a laughing stock. Instead of reinvesting that money into the business to create a product that doesn't inspire hate mail from passengers, they dump tens of millions into stock buybacks and dividends to shareholders. I've always admired the niche that we have and I thought that we could make an affordable, reliable product that would all but guarantee our long-term success. Unfortunately, greed has destroyed a once very viable business.

Latest resources

Back