Allegiant starting interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mamba20 said:
What are the mins? I printed and filled out the online application about 2 months ago and sent it in. Never did hear anything.

Completing the application is not a prerequisite to getting called for interview.

deceptibum said:
Hiring is mainly for Florida growth and the talks of another FL base besides the current SFB one. As mentioned before, a lot of LAS, IFP, and RNO first officers that want the first upgrade, which happens to be SFB, is generating the open slots in these other towns....mainly LAS. Current upgrade for SFB stands at about 1 year. Good luck all!!!!

What other city(ies) are they talking about for a new base? When are classes supposed to start? Do they have their own sim or do they contract out?

psw757can anyone tell me what the typical monthly sfb schedules are like? thanks.
I would also like to know from anyone in the know!
Thanks...hoping to get a call!!

furloughed2001 said:
What other city(ies) are they talking about for a new base? When are classes supposed to start? Do they have their own sim or do they contract out?

psw757can anyone tell me what the typical monthly sfb schedules are like? thanks.
I would also like to know from anyone in the know!
Thanks...hoping to get a call!!

Talking about PIE (St Petersburg FL) OR PBI (West Palm Beach FL) in December this year.

Really there aren't "Typical SFB" schedules right now, because alot has been changing there recently. By that I mean that there has been growth, the addition of some more tricky SJU schedules, and the pilot group's scheduling rep has recently taken his post drastically improving the schedules there... But if you take the June lines for example, there were 14 hard lines I believe (2 reserve?) The lines had 14-16 days off, mostly day trips, and I believe 12 were commutable. There were 2 SJU overnight lines with multi day trips. I believe the lines ranged from 70-85 hours. The days off vary. Some lines have good chunks of days off together, while some do not.. The lines of June don't likely represent the lines that will exist in a few months when new hires hit the line. This hiring is for big FL growth, so double the amount of flying there an the lines could possibly look different. The SFB scheduling rep always trys to make the lines as fair and desirable as possible..

Good luck!

PS Jeff Helgeson can probably fill you in better on the schedules as he's a captain down there.

Mins?

Hey guys, I know Mamba already asked what the minimums are, but I don't think that was answered? I'm curious about their mins as well?

Pilot hiring Mins

Per the GOM: (Abbreviated)

First Officer (SIC)

1) ATP, AMEL
2) 1st class Med
3) 3000TT fixed wing, Jet and PIC time preferred.

This actually changed from what it used to be. But adequately reflects who we've been hiring. 40 new hires plannedthis year, current list at 138 (including instructors, cp's and various mgt.) Three classes this year so three sets of interviews. Upgrade between 9 months to year and a half. Serious talk of either new buses or 738s to be delivered in '08, Nothing concrete.

As far as QOL, life is what you make it, but I like it here.

Of course work rules and pay will be changed (challenged) in the near future for very good reasons. Organization is a distinct possibility.

Hope this helps.

Most sfb lines for june had 14 days off. Most were commutable, day trips and about 80 ish hours. There were 1 or 2 lines with something like 11-12 days off, 90 ish hours and not commutable. A typical day is 1 turn with about 5-7 hours of flight time. A duty day rarely exceeds 8 hours. I think my longest duty day this month is something like 7 hours, and thats with 14 days off. That being said, if you are the Jr. guy you may get abused for a month or two.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back