• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Rnwy Overrun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few months ago G4 started to prefer flaps 28 to help with fuel consumption....

Classic....

and don't use the TR's if you don't have to...

and don't use the brakes if you don't have to...

unless its 105 F don't run both packs if you don't have to....

don't start number two until 30 seconds before take off...if you don't have too..

blah blah blah

glad to hear Midwest isn't the only one with all these suggestions. We're talking about strippin' paint to get rid of excess weight. No flight attendant jokes please, we really have a good group for the most part.

glad to hear Midwest isn't the only one with all these suggestions. We're talking about strippin' paint to get rid of excess weight. No flight attendant jokes please, we really have a good group for the most part.

Lordy, I recall many years ago on North Central Airlines, the company wanted to paint more of the DC-3 fuselage than the then current paint scheme covered. The ever brilliant maintenance department estimated how many gallons of paint that would take, put the paint cans on a scale and announced that it would be too heavy.

DC

...The ever brilliant maintenance department estimated how many gallons of paint that would take, put the paint cans on a scale and announced that it would be too heavy...

And the ever brilliant management team bought it!

Well before it was "preferred" at G4, I was jumpseating on Delta and we landed flaps 28. When I asked the captain about it, he said the company saves fuel that way. I think he said it was about 280 pounds. They also used flaps 25 prior to gear extension.

And Delta has a lot more experience operating the Mad Dog than G4 does.

Well before it was "preferred" at G4, I was jumpseating on Delta and we landed flaps 28. When I asked the captain about it, he said the company saves fuel that way. I think he said it was about 280 pounds. They also used flaps 25 prior to gear extension.

And Delta has a lot more experience operating the Mad Dog than G4 does.

AA lands flaps 28 as well..... when it's appropriate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back