Allegiant question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

146guy

For you allegiant guys that are based in Sanford, is commuting even an option for you. I did a quick search on passrider.com and it appears that Sanford doesn't have ANY airline traffic except Allegiant. I have an interview coming up and am worried about being based out there and not being able to commute.

Also, any new rumors on growth?

thanks for the info!

I know a few pilots who commute to Sanford... just not sure the jumpseating route they take to get there.

As for growth, what they just told me in the interview was 26 more newhires this year, and new bases possible in Milwaukee and Atlantic City or Gulfport or Tunica.

Not sure on the a/c delivery specifics, but they're getting MD80's as fast as they can (as long as they're in good condition). SAS isn't giving up any more, so they're getting some from Aeromexico and JetsGo. Futher on down the road there's talk of another fleet type... perhaps Boeing, but that's definitely down the road a ways.

That's what I've been able to gather beeing on the outside peering in. Jeff H will be able to tell you more specifics, as will other current AAY guys.

SFB Commute

I commute BWI - SFB and it is easy (as commutes go!). WN and FL are great! It depends where you live!???

Most commute in to MCO and make the drive to SFB, about 35 minutes. The company reimburses the parking in MCO, there is no charge for parking at SFB.

Some pilots commute from the outstations, but it doesn't always work. As AAY adds more cities out of SFB it will become easier to commute out to SFB. AAY may add some other crew domiciles on the East Coast.

We do mostly turns at AAY and a crash pad in domicile is a must. If you live in base, the QOL if 100% better, home every night, etc.

Jeff Helgeson said:
I commute BWI - SFB and it is easy (as commutes go!). WN and FL are great! It depends where you live!???

Most commute in to MCO and make the drive to SFB, about 35 minutes. The company reimburses the parking in MCO, there is no charge for parking at SFB.

Some pilots commute from the outstations, but it doesn't always work. As AAY adds more cities out of SFB it will become easier to commute out to SFB. AAY may add some other crew domiciles on the East Coast.

We do mostly turns at AAY and a crash pad in domicile is a must. If you live in base, the QOL if 100% better, home every night, etc.

What are the routes of our SFB? Are you expecting much expansion there?

Go to the website

On Your Six said:
What are the routes of our SFB? Are you expecting much expansion there?

www.allegiantair.com

You can click on the link for all of our routes and times. Allegiant takes unlimited Jumpseaters, both Pilots and F/As and I believe dispatchers with a valid airline ID (121, 135).

SFB: MSN (0800), PIA (0940), DSM (1440), LAN (1545).

We will be adding SGF and a few others over the next few months. I don't think they are going to paint it green, but they may send 'em to Moline! It seems I am flying to a lot of destinations I used to fly the DC9 to in a former life! All the hot spots for sure.

You guys seem to have 4 or more aircraft parked in LAS at any given time. Do you have that many spares or are you guys (on demand charter). Thanks

Wow... you guys got big. Thats about what AirTran's route map (in terms of size and scope) looked like in 1998.

Maybe Allegient will be the next big LCC.

121 scheduled out of LAS for the most part

meanstreak said:
You guys seem to have 4 or more aircraft parked in LAS at any given time. Do you have that many spares or are you guys (on demand charter). Thanks

The planes sit in Vegas because AAY does turns and few over nights at out stations. Those planes mostly fly 121 scheduled. Although we do a lot of charter work for Harrah's, but that is also scheduled in advance. AAY flys the most during March Madness, flying the teams around. I prefer the scheduled stuff myself.

Hey Jeff, what's with this Milwaukee rumor??? Flying in for the "friday fish fry" and some brats???

They will be selling Slotts Beer on board

Jetjockey said:
Hey Jeff, what's with this Milwaukee rumor??? Flying in for the "friday fish fry" and some brats???

I think it will be flying to Mexico for Apple.

So, are Laverns "Ls" really getting bigger?

Latest resources

Back