• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Pay Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got an interview call today and was looking for some additional info.

1. Noticed a few bases listed: What is the most junior and how easy is it to switch for an easier commute. (Coming form SEA)

2. About how long will the average newhire be on reserve. I saw more hiring later this year.

3. Where is training at?

4. I noticed $2000 a month during training....What about perdiem and do they supply hotel?

5. Does anyone have a good idea on growth and such....I saw a post that said a few new airframes and another that mentioned 35 on property later this year? Last I heard Allegiant had 23 A/C.

You live in SEA, huh... Well, I might have some good news for you. Rumor has it a BLI base will be announced very shortly.

I think LAS and SFB are equally junior right now. If you don't get your 1st choice right off the bat, it doesn't take more than a couple months to get to where you want to go.

Unless your the most junior in your class, you'll likely get a line your 1st biddable month in LAS and SFB. If you're in RNO or IFP, you will get a line right away. PIE is a small base, so RSV there could last a little while longer.

All training is done in Vegas...

The $2000 per month is all you get. No per diem while in training and no hotel room. Generally plenty of crash pads open and they aren't expensive. If you have a car and don't mind a 30 minute drive, some people have been staying at the hotels in Jean for $10-12 a day.

We'll be continuing to grow at 5-7 airplanes a year for a while I think. The biggest challenge to our growth is finding quality airplanes. We have 25 on the certificate now I think, with 3 more purchased I believe. Last I heard, the plan was still to have 35 by EOY 07.

Just got a call today; interview is for a class on Feb.22.
Thanks for the info!

If I can pronounce "chperplt" do I get the job?
Is the MD80 the only aircraft in the plan for now? I wonder how hard they are to come by...

If I can pronounce "chperplt" do I get the job?
Is the MD80 the only aircraft in the plan for now? I wonder how hard they are to come by...

LOL...

They're always looking at new airplanes, but the cost can't be justified right now. Finding quality (or not so) 80s is a challenge, but not impossible.

What's the current pay rate for first year pilots?

ALG PAY First Year FO

I made 41K and change my first year. I was on and off resv the entire 12 months. Some was due to IOE some was due to lack of seniority. I flew around 650 hours my first 12 months at the company. I am now making the big $49.00 an hour.:) I am right now only a few numbers from upgrade and I got through recurrent without failing. All in all life is pretty good! If you want a complete pay scale go to airlinepilotcentral.com.

Now I run the risk of repeating myself on here but THIS IS NOT A MAJOR AIRLINE! WE ARE WHAT WE ARE, WE FLY MD-80S and we are closer to being a regional than UAL or NWA or another legacy. However we are a small step above I dare say most regionals. We have an in house rep group who does a good job and is working hard to make this a better place to work. We are growing and things look ok for now. We all know how that can change in a hot minute.
icon21.gif

CD

One step above a regional.............I don't think so.

I made 41K and change my first year. I was on and off resv the entire 12 months. Some was due to IOE some was due to lack of seniority. I flew around 650 hours my first 12 months at the company. I am now making the big $49.00 an hour.:) I am right now only a few numbers from upgrade and I got through recurrent without failing. All in all life is pretty good! If you want a complete pay scale go to airlinepilotcentral.com.

Now I run the risk of repeating myself on here but THIS IS NOT A MAJOR AIRLINE! WE ARE WHAT WE ARE, WE FLY MD-80S and we are closer to being a regional than UAL or NWA or another legacy. However we are a small step above I dare say most regionals. We have an in house rep group who does a good job and is working hard to make this a better place to work. We are growing and things look ok for now. We all know how that can change in a hot minute.
icon21.gif

CD

One step above a regional.............I don't think so.

I agree, that's not an accurate representation of the company. I'd say we're in the trenches with the other LCCs and working our way up at a nice pace each year.

For a company of our size with the relative small number of years we've been in business, we're doing pretty darn well for ourselves. A 20% raise in the last 2 years with another nice size raise to be negotiated this year as well as profit sharing. Line values at 90 hours with 14+ days off each month. 90% 2 leg days with the rest being 4 leggers, and return to domicile 99.9% of the time. Never coming back from a trip and being extended or asked to call scheduling. Never being junior manned on a day off.

The list goes on and on.... I've never worked for a regional like that.

Is the ATP required or will they hire without it? Have gone through a furlough (Independence) so have not had the opportunity to upgrade as of yet. I'm currently sitting at about 3500 TT. Competitive or not? I'm definitely interested in Allegiant being from MCO. Not sure if being local would help out? Thanks for any input.

Latest resources

Back