Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mickey D

A few questions about pay at Allegiant:

1) Are pilots given any stock options or discounts on company stock now that the company has gone public?
2) Are there any negotiations currently in progress for future pay raises?
3) On average, what are the current line values (block hours vs. credit pay) for line holders?
4) What kind of hourly override pay are the check airmen given?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give.

Mickey D

1) Are pilots given any stock options or discounts on company stock now that the company has gone public?

Yes, we were given some stock according to our longevity, pay rate, and hours worked. However, that is only for current employees at the time of the IPO and I doubt anyone hired now would get any, IMHO.

2) Are there any negotiations currently in progress for future pay raises?

None in progress just this second, but we are just coming off about a 10% raise that was negotiated and took effect in November. We WILL be back for more next year.

3) On average, what are the current line values (block hours vs. credit pay) for line holders?

Depends on the base. I believe SFB and PIE are consistantly in the high 70's to low 80's (I'm not based there so someone else please correct me if I'm wrong). In LAS, the lines vary from month to month but you could average in the high 80's to low 90's if you want to. Not alot of freebies when it comes to pay (very rare to get paid 110 hrs while only flying 85). Deadhead pay is $20/hr and you are paid your normal rate for crew augmentation on the charters. We get block or better and anything flown over 81 hrs is paid at 130%.

4) What kind of hourly override pay are the check airmen given?

$20/hr when performing check airman duties.

Hope this helped!

Thanks for the info, Beech-Slapped! How was the training in your opinion with your transition from prop to jet? One more pay question---did you get paid during training and how long was training from 1st day in class to IOE?

Mickey D,

Transitioning from the 1900 to the 80 wasn't a huge deal. You just have to be further ahead of the aircraft in a jet, that's all. Now, as far as the quality of training, let me put it this way. It's better now than it was over a year ago when I was hired and from what I've heard, it's WAY better than it was 5 years ago! The #1 captain in the company retired and he has been working in the training department and making some good improvements. But even so, depending on your ground school instructor, take what you hear with a grain of salt and always verify the info with your study materials.

B-S

Thanks for the info guys---I'm starting to think about my next career move. From info on the other threads it seems like you have a pretty good thing going at Allegiant.

Thanks again,
Mickey D

Looking for some info on QOL as a commuter, Coming form SEA area.
What are the benefits like....Medical Dental, etc? Are they actually anygood or are they nut some coverage for that stuff.
Are most trips out and backs or do you have some overnights?
What is normal work schedule like. 4 on 3 off, 7 on 7 off,
What is reserve life like?
Any training contract or required seat lock stuff?

THanks

Last edited:
Looking for some info on QOL as a commuter, Coming form SEA area.
What are the benefits like....Medical Dental, etc? Are they actually anygood or are they nut some coverage for that stuff.
Are most trips out and backs or do you have some overnights?
What is normal work schedule like. 4 on 3 off, 7 on 7 off,
What is reserve life like?
Any training contract or required seat lock stuff?

THanks

QOL as a commuter is getting better... We're starting to fly more on Tuesday and Saturday so scheduled are being written better. I don't commute, so I can't speak for them. I believe there are plenty of SEA-LAS flights and we have daily (twice daily on certain days) flights from BLI to LAS.

Benefits are good. Medical is through Aetna and dental is with Metlife. We have flex spending, short term and long term disability...

Most trips (99%) are out and backs. We do have 1 overnight from Vegas to Peoria right now. I think we're going to start a few more overnights in Feb.

Work schedules vary depending on the bid and your seniority. No 7 on 7 off.. We're 99% scheduled ops now.

Reserve life is ok... much better if you live in domicile.

No seat lock or training contracts. We have 1 type here and you'll upgrade sooner than later.

Hello,
What does it look like for growth? I read on another site that up to 70 or so pilots in 07' with 35 airframes on the property. I know one guy from my oufit thats in class right now, and he seems to be very happy with his decision to move on. Allegiant seems like it is doing quite well, and has found a niche marketplace. Something thats hard to do in any industry in this day and age. Nevermind the airline business.
I sent my resume in the other day, does anyone know about how long before you are contacted if they are interested in you? And, what other things should a prospective Allegiant candidate know? Thanks!

Ex-Navy Rotorhead

Got an interview call today and was looking for some additional info.

1. Noticed a few bases listed: What is the most junior and how easy is it to switch for an easier commute. (Coming form SEA)

2. About how long will the average newhire be on reserve. I saw more hiring later this year.

3. Where is training at?

4. I noticed $2000 a month during training....What about perdiem and do they supply hotel?

5. Does anyone have a good idea on growth and such....I saw a post that said a few new airframes and another that mentioned 35 on property later this year? Last I heard Allegiant had 23 A/C.

6. How big is the average class size and how does seniority work? I know I have to get past interview first but I have been in the industry long enough that Age/SS# = me being on the bottom. So far I am 3 for 3 in being the lowest guy.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back