• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Hiring.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At RD we were running the 757 on charters for a little while before the ETOPS application began. Once the process started and the training program, etc, was complete we had to run "simulated" ETOPs flights.

They were on SFO-CUN, SFO-PVR, type routes that we just simulated the ETOPs procedures on even though it was over land. I want to say that we did the sim ETOPs routes for at least 6 months before we were able to start the proving runs to HI.

RD was 180 mins out of the box.

Yep I was at Pace and we had to do that. Once we did that we did the Hawaii proving run and was granted 180 minutes. I just now the FAA likes to see a history of runs before they will let you do etops.

Yep I was at Pace and we had to do that. Once we did that we did the Hawaii proving run and was granted 180 minutes. I just now the FAA likes to see a history of runs before they will let you do etops.

Were you at Pace when 526NA was there?

Yeah was trying to remember what we flew it for. We mainly used it for Vacation Express iirc. Didnt stay to long in our fleet never had any really big problems with it. It wasnt ETOPS when we had it.

Latest resources

Back