• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant hiring???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm willing to bet this never actually happened. He's just trying to start trouble because he's a miserable, unhappy loser. Every interviewee was an internal recommendation. Odds of them being liars is very slim.

Once again I have nothing against your company. I am just wondering how someone like this can get hired ?? Oh yes I know for a fact it's true. I would think you would be upset that you busted your ass to get hired and someone like this basicly cheats his way through.

Who do you reccomend I call? I am sure if I call they will put me right through to HR.

Actually that is exactly what will happen. Pick up the phone and call! Need the phone number? If you do have information that an applicant has intentionally falsified qualifications to get a job, don't you think you have a responsibility to disclose this information? In light of the recent Colgan crash, where crew experience was a contributing factor, I think you have an ethical/moral obligation to come forward. If you are going to come on a public forum and stand by your statements, yet do nothing, thats says as much about your character and integrity as anyone who may have falsified qualifications to get a job!

Of course, the context of your original post suggest this was supposed to be some sort of slight to the pilots of AAY so I highly doubt you have any information to come forward with. That would be the ONLY reason not to come forward! More likely, you were passed over and this makes you feel better about being you! Good luck with that!

I still don't believe it. A simple background check would easily discover if a candidate was fired by another airline in ground school or if he were lying about having a type rating or something similar. It might take a couple weeks, but it would be discovered. It's not as if it takes a rocket scientist to read FAA background reports. If it is true, I'm sure it will be discovered soon.

I still don't believe it. A simple background check would easily discover if a candidate was fired by another airline in ground school or if he were lying about having a type rating or something similar. It might take a couple weeks, but it would be discovered. It's not as if it takes a rocket scientist to read FAA background reports. If it is true, I'm sure it will be discovered soon.
Chiming in late on this, but this statement is not 100% accurate.

Most of us know of at least 1 (if not more) pilots who did not make the grade at one airline but ended up elsewhere. It all comes down to how honest the candidate was, how intense the background check was, and finally if someone actually cares. I forgot to mention if the previous airline also ratted the pilot out, which does not happen all that often either.

Heck I know a guy who went out on a bogus medical to complete his JD degree. 2 years later he pops up, completes retraining, spends less than a month in a buildup line, resigns and is magically hired at JB. How you pull off a bogus medical (not flying) for 2 years with a concurrent JD degree but... is now well enough to work for JB is beyond me.

Chiming in late on this, but this statement is not 100% accurate.

Most of us know of at least 1 (if not more) pilots who did not make the grade at one airline but ended up elsewhere. It all comes down to how honest the candidate was, how intense the background check was, and finally if someone actually cares. I forgot to mention if the previous airline also ratted the pilot out, which does not happen all that often either.

Heck I know a guy who went out on a bogus medical to complete his JD degree. 2 years later he pops up, completes retraining, spends less than a month in a buildup line, resigns and is magically hired at JB. How you pull off a bogus medical (not flying) for 2 years with a concurrent JD degree but... is now well enough to work for JB is beyond me.

Many have gone out on medical with the Sleep Apnea thing....
Sure some cases are legit but it's hard to prove one way or the other and almost became a "fad" for the guys that didn't need a steady paycheck and wanted time off!

Many have gone out on medical with the Sleep Apnea thing....
Sure some cases are legit but it's hard to prove one way or the other and almost became a "fad" for the guys that didn't need a steady paycheck and wanted time off!

Funny you say that... Got a friend who works in the sleep apnea lab here in PIT. He mentioned the other day the sharp increase of pilots coming in for testing is making him think about ever flying again. I asked how many are coming back with a positive diagnosis, his response was more than 90%. The only profession with a higher positive diagnosis is truck drivers.

Latest resources

Back