• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant - Generally

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In November, I had 4 overnights and my wife was mad. She has gotten used to me being home every night and not off on 4-5 day trips. I have a new relationship with my kids since they see me all the time and not just for 2-3 days between trips.

Is the compensation less than at major airlines flying similar equipment? No question. I am willing to take that pay difference and attribute it to the cost of having a life that I get to enjoy with my family.

I am very happy here and that is the bottom line.

And you are right, the one year upgrades won't last. I was all the way up to 1 year and 3 months and people getting hired now might be 1 1/2 to 2 years.

It is all what you want. Good luck with it.

39k?

How does 1st yr pay of $41/hr 70 hr guar = 39K?, $2870 X 12 = $34.4K that is about the same as a USA Jet DA-20 F/O $52/hr with a 55 hr guar = $2860 x 12 = 34.3K. But both of these numbers are above most of the Legecy carriers starting pay.

Last edited:
How does 1st yr pay of $41/hr 70 hr guar = 39K?, $2870 X 12 = $34.4K that is about the same as a USA Jet DA-20 F/O $52/hr with a 55 hr guar = $2860 x 12 = 34.3K. But both of these numbers are above most of the Legecy carriers starting pay.

As was stated above.... All flying over 81 hours is paid at 130%. Flying 90+ hours a month is very common.

As was stated above.... All flying over 81 hours is paid at 130%. Flying 90+ hours a month is very common.
In that case we have DA-20 F/O's make 45K first year.

In that case we have DA-20 F/O's make 45K first year.

That's great... We're not comparing a 121 airline to your on demand cargo outfit.

For the 30 minute call out you have (or whatever it is) and the time away from home, they should be paid twice that.... But that's for a different thread.

I seen one of your -9/80s being worked on at San Antonio Aerospace last couple days. Didn't see any pilots over there, or I would have walked over!

Pilotyip,
Read the post again, then you'll understand.
As stated in my original post, the comparison was based on 80 hours per month, not 70.
83.3 hrs/month=1000 hours per year, therefore you cannot fly much more than 80 hours/month without timing out.

Almost every pilot at Allegiant flies 80+ hours or more each month. The average is close to 90. Many pilots time out in November or early December and are then pay protected for the entire month of December without having to work any more. I didn't include that in the comparison though.

I did your line of work for the last two years. It's the worst type of flying job in the country; granted USA Jet is the best of the worst.
Talk about a living hell...poorly maintained airplanes, being paged at 1am after you just fell asleep, staying in hotels constantly. I turned down the upgrade 3 times at my former company because I disliked that job so much. There is absolutely no comparison. If given the choice to do it all over again, I would rather go to a regional for $25K/yr over on-demand freight for $40K/yr.

Last edited:
I always find the Allegiant posts very interesting. It's a company that's always been intriguing to me. I love the business model. I had a job offer for a class back in August that I ended up turning down at the last minute.

I live in MCO and had a choice between NetJets and AAY. Needless to say, I chose NetJets. My reasons in making the decision are the fact NJA is the industry leader in the fractional market. New pay/basing were in the works as well. The free health care/outstanding 401K were also factors.

All of that being said, it was still a VERY hard decision for me and my wife. We are wanting to start a family within the next couple of years and Allegiant would have been ideal for that. I have a feeling that may be one thing about working at NetJets vs. Allegiant that I will regret in the future. I loved the idea of being able to be home almost every night with my family. That's priceless.

Everything is a toss up in this industry. I just had to go with my gut and chose what I felt would be most stable in the long run. I will make close to 80K (69K base + approx. 15% in OT/holiday pay) in my first year at NJA with the new contract on the 18 day schedule. Approx. 65K if you do the 7/7.

But as previously stated, upgrades are very quick at AAY so that helps even out the pay differences. I had a pro's vs. con's list for both companies and they were both very even.

I envy the schedules the AAY pilots have. All of the pilots I've spoken to have been extremely professional and helpful as well. It's definitely a great company and I wish all of you nothing but continued success in the future.

NetJets is amazing but I still wonder what it would be like working at AAY everytime I heard you guys on the radio. AAY is a very interesting and successful company. Keep up the good work guys.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back