• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant - Generally

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Normally you would commute in to start work mid day. Fly to some place, stay in a hotel. Get up fly some places. Stay another night in a hotel. Fly to BFE and come back to your home base. Jumpseat home. "normal" airline life. Company pays Per Diem while working, ALSO pays for the hotel. You do not need a crashpad nor a car. Little moeny out of pocket.

Allegiant does not work like this!

You will show up for work, fly, be back in base that day/night. You will need to go to a place to sleep.(Crashpad, Home, Hotel) You will only make Per Diem while at work. You will need a car in base. Hope this makes it clear as mud.

As stated above, you will not find a better airline for QOL if you live in domicile.

Our work rules have gotten much better for commuters, but we have a very long way to go before we'll have happy commuters. You will need a crashpad in base and you'll likely to have some weeks that you can't get home for more than a day or two.

We'll don't fly a full schedule on Tuesday's, Wednesday's or Saturday's, which makes building commutable lines very difficult.

As an FO, if you bid RNO, IFP, or Tunica (Harrah's Charter), you'll generally have a much better commutable schedule then at the scheduled bases.

Shameful?!? This from an ERJ FO...this why I rarely spend (waste) time on this site anymore. A little research before posting might save you some embarrasment and credibility.

Here we go again:

1st year pay: higher than almost every major.

As of 11/09: 10th year capt pay will exceed NWA, UAL, USAir (East), in comparable equipment, among others.

Upgrade: (read capt pay) in 1 year.

I don't know why I even bother...

D1

Last edited:
Pay is shameful. I don't think there is a lower paying MD88/90 operation out there. I guess as long as they can get people to work for it......

Coming from a guy who (if your profile is accurate) is still flying around a toy jet at 7500 hours.... and in the right seat no less.

You're the shameful one here bubba.

I'll take my low 6 figures to be home almost every night. What you spend in a hotel a month, I spend in a hotel each year..

We all know there are fools hiding in the bushes, but then one has to open its mouth and let everyone know he's here.

Last edited:
What about culture? Is it happy, sad (ie beat-down), indifferent?? In my book, that counts for a lot.
Thanks in advance..

The main negative I've heard from my friends that work there is the application of the scheduling rules is inconsistent. Same scenario, different day, different outcome. The company seems to interpret them on a case by case basis. What was the precedence last week no longer applies....until it applies again. My friends are generally happy and like their QOL (they live in domicile). They are getting frustrated with the scheduling manipulation though.

The main negative I've heard from my friends that work there is the application of the scheduling rules is inconsistent. Same scenario, different day, different outcome. The company seems to interpret them on a case by case basis. What was the precedence last week no longer applies....until it applies again. My friends are generally happy and like their QOL (they live in domicile). They are getting frustrated with the scheduling manipulation though.

This may be the case somewhat, but for the most part the scheduling work rules are followed with the same interpretation that our in house and management agreed to.

are you guys doing any gold transportation flying out of ACY. we were doing the tunica stuff. 5,6 legs reduced rest, long days...

are ya'll 121 supp or domestic flag...121 supp always brings with it scheduling issues..by its nature things change alot..is that that the issue or did i read the concern incorrectly?

The minimum days off was mentioned earlier. How many days off do most line holders see? How often are bases opened and closed, ie. is there a history of this? Where is training done? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back