Allegiant - Generally

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ivar Viking

I am sure this info might be contained in other posts, but I wanted a fresh perspective.

What can any insiders offer regarding QOL, expected base assignments, upgrade time, company-projected growth, and work routine (number of days off on reserve, trip composition, length & quality of overnights), etc.

Anything you could share would be much appreciated.

I am sure this info might be contained in other posts, but I wanted a fresh perspective.

What can any insiders offer regarding QOL, expected base assignments, upgrade time, company-projected growth, and work routine (number of days off on reserve, trip composition, length & quality of overnights), etc.

Anything you could share would be much appreciated.

QOL is excellent if you live in base, as good as any other airline if you don't. 70 hour guarantee, most hard lines are around 90hrs. Lineholders have 11 days off min and reserve is 10 days off min. The only overnights are PIA and BLI out of LAS and ABE out of SFB. The BLI overnights will end when it opens as a base ~March 1. Most lines are one out and back with a few 4 leggers. With the upgrades and expansion, everybody gets the base of their choice within ~3 months. I held a line in LAS right out of training. When I hired on in August, they said 12 guys a monthuntil November and 5 in December but that seems to have changed as I believe we are now interviewing for a January class. 4 "new to us" MD88s arriving in December with a bunch more coming next year.

Come on in, the water's warm.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

BLI base would be perfect. You think it'll go junior or senior once it opens?

How about upgrades?

Peace!

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

BLI base would be perfect. You think it'll go junior or senior once it opens?

How about upgrades?

Peace!

I don't know much about the BLI base, but upgrades in general are currently running at about a year.

Don't go and take this personally, but I have to disagree on one point. Unless something has changed, Allegiant is NOT the same as any other airline if you commute. Surely ya'll can offer him a bit more unbiased viewpoint than that.

Spaz

You mentioned a few things that right up front: 10 days off max on reserve, 11 min line, in base most if not all nights. That is not the same as most airlines. The lines are not very commutable. Heck, "Would you move to a base?" was a standard interview question when I interviewed there! All but one person in my class either lived in base or moved right after class. It is what it is: Allegiant wants pilots to live in base and take advantage of that benefit.

Anyway, thats the way I remember it. Tell me if I am wrong.

About everyone I know already lived in their base or moved to it after getting hired. I know I'd rather be at home every night instead of a crashpad.

Yes CaptSpaz, you are correct.
Don't come to AAY thinking you will be a commuter. The schedule is not friendly if you do not live in base. You do not live in a Hotel. You must have a place to stay in base. Once you hold 3 on 4 off, you could commute. You will still need a place to stay when you are working though. No sugar, Just the spice!

Latest resources

Back