• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are the hiring requirements Allegiant is looking for?
What is their interview schedule and how many applicants do they interview at a time?
Do they require an internal recommendation?
Describe the interview process?
What is the ground school schedule - how long, where, and are pilots paid during training?
How soon can a new FO hold LAS? What about as a new Captain?
What is the projected upgrade time?
How do they treat furloughed pilots from AA UA DL NW and others?
If they require seniority resignation, how is it handled and do they follow through?
What is the company projected hiring schedule? Training schedule?
Is it possible to commute from SoCal for a while until a move can be arranged?
Do they have interline agreements for personal and family travel?
Those of you that work for Allegiant, how do you like it?
What is your impression with management's plans?
How is their health care and other benefits?
What is Allegiant's two letter airline code?
Any sharp real estate agents in Vegas? I lived there once, I certainly can move back. I like the idea of out and backs - home every evening.

Thank you for the replies to these questions and any other information you think would be helpful to someone considering Allegiant.

Gil

--What are the hiring requirements Allegiant is looking for?

I believe the "published" mins are 3000 total. Competitive times are in the 4000+ range with a good amount of 121 jet time.

--What is their interview schedule and how many applicants do they interview at a time?

They interview on a need by need basis. I think they have been interviewing 1 or 2 weeks a month and usually have 15-20 per week. The interview itself is 3 or 4 of them and you.

--Do they require an internal recommendation?

Absolutely not... but they are always helpful.

--Describe the interview process?

The interview is very simple and laid back. It's a big get to know you session. Some get asked a few technical questions, but most questions are about you and your flying career.

--What is the ground school schedule - how long, where, and are pilots paid during training?

Ground school is in Las Vegas and runs about 2 - 2 1/2 months start to finish. You are paid $2000 per month until your first day of IOE.

--How soon can a new FO hold LAS? What about as a new Captain?

A new FO will be able to hold LAS immediately. New Captains holding vegas will vary with aircraft deliveries. I think one guy who just upgraded is spending Nov in SFB and will be back in Vegas in December. It might be 2, 3, or 4 months for others.

--What is the projected upgrade time?

Upgrades right now are running between 1 year and 18 months. With planned expansion, I can see it going down a bit over the next couple years.

--How do they treat furloughed pilots from AA UA DL NW and others?

We have a number of furloughed guys here. The company treats them just like they treat everyone else.

--If they require seniority resignation, how is it handled and do they follow through?

I don't think they require seniority resignation, but I could be wrong.

--What is the company projected hiring schedule? Training schedule?

Right now we have about 110 pilots. I heard from someone in training last week that they are targeting 180 by the end of March. Classes are scheduled 7 or 8 weeks a part until further notice.

--Is it possible to commute from SoCal for a while until a move can be arranged?

I don't think a SoCal-Vegas commute will be very difficult. With near hourly service from HP and WN and CASS coming on line soon, I think you're chances are good. Not to mention it's only a 4 hour drive if need be..

--Do they have interline agreements for personal and family travel?

We do have agreements with many airlines and more are being added.

--Those of you that work for Allegiant, how do you like it?

In the few months I've been here, I think it's a great place to be. We have our issues like everyone else, but as Brian said, if you live in domicile QOL is excellent!!

--What is your impression with management's plans?

When I last saw the 06 and 07 plans, I said WOW.. Time will tell how well it works.

--How is their health care and other benefits?

Health care and other benefits are very similar to any other company. A few improvements need to be made in my opinion (flexible spending) but overall a good plan.

--What is Allegiant's two letter airline code?

Our code is AAY.. Not sure what the 2 letter code is.

--Any sharp real estate agents in Vegas? I lived there once, I certainly can move back. I like the idea of out and backs - home every evening.

If you're looking for something new and not outrageous, check out the north west side of town. Prices are still affordable and the area is getting a make over.

Wow.......Thanks for all that great info!

I start class on Nov 3rd, and pretty much everything you've said has answered my questions!

Today was my last flight with Mesa and I am aboslutely psyched about a huge QOL boost. See you all soon...

To those applying, I was hired with about 3700 TT 1000 turb PIC in a DHC-8. I had one internal rec. The interview process was laid back, and everyone very friendly. The HQ was clean, nice, and modern (though quaint). I anticpate being one of the lower time guys in class. I am moving to Vegas and was clear to them about that. A good friend of mine is a CRJ capt with about 5000TT but only about 300 turb PIC. He sent a resume and recieved a call for an interview within a week.

One more thing, Any idea if the sim training is still backed up?

-Otto (Retired Ready-Reserve Sitter)

"A good friend of mine is a CRJ capt with about 5000TT but only about 300 turb PIC. He sent a resume and recieved a call for an interview within a week."

That is a brave move. Lots of people went to usair and united with less then 1000 PIC and are paying for it now. 1 year upgrade at allegiant, but things can change.

Last edited:
That is a brave move. Lots of people went to usair and united with less then 1000 PIC and are paying for it now. 1 year upgrade at allegiant, but things can change.

Stop being a party pooper BRA!!!:smash:

"I cannot speak for the SFB base sked's they are made up in-base by one of the captains there. SFB sked's are about like LAS. "

Does anyone know more about the SFB schedules ?? Thinking of commuting from about 2 hours away with a crash pad in SFB.

Also, do I understand correctly that SFB is junior for both F/o and Capt ?

Last, are the upgades only by seniority or by qualifications ?? (I have a few thousand hours pic in the 80).

Any information would be helpful as the QOL where I am at is not very good.

Latest resources

Back