• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We as Pilots can't even get over the Major vs Regional attitudes on a lousy message board! And we wonder why management uses this to divide and conquer.

HawkI said:
We as Pilots can't even get over the Major vs Regional attitudes on a lousy message board! And we wonder why management uses this to divide and conquer.

"We" just want to be organize, it's a good practice. I'm sure you don't want to put "landing gear down" on CRUISE checklist.:rolleyes:

MED said:
"We" just want to be organize, it's a good practice. I'm sure you don't want to put "landing gear down" on CRUISE checklist.:rolleyes:

BTW, Allegiant is not a regional either.:p

MED said:
BTW, Allegiant is not a regional either.:p

Are 'we' still hashing this out??? Ok, where does the Frontier/Spirit/Midwest posting go?? Obviously, they are not 'Majors' either, Allegiant is or will be the same size shortly, so let's just lump them all together in a column labeled...SAWBA --->Small Airlines with Big Planes?? Or how about -->NAMBSPBA---> Not a Major But Still Pretty Big Airlines...

Orginization is great, just define Major and Regional first.

Brian

Does anybody know what the schedules are like at Allegiant?
How many days of work per month?
Bidding system?
Any other quality of life issues?

Thanks

fellows said:
Does anybody know what the schedules are like at Allegiant?
How many days of work per month?
Bidding system?
Any other quality of life issues?

Thanks

Looking at the bid package for Nov in LAS we have 23 hard lines of flying plus 2 BU, and 6 reserve lines. BU and reserves have minimum 10 days off. Hard line days off range from 17 to 14. Most all skeds are day trips. We have nearly no flying on Tuesdays and little flying on Saturdays in LAS, so the skeds are a little wacky looking, some 2 on, 1 off, 2 on 2-3 off, etc. If you don't live in base commuting is tough (its TOUGH in/out of LAS!!) and a crash pad is a MUST! We currently have excess FO's so we modded the work rules so that excess reserves get 24 hour call out, normally its 1 hour. Probably won't last long as a/c deliveries catch up and flying increases.

Bid system is computer based "CMS" system, I think some other airlines have it. Its ok. Better than paper, or the Sabre system.

QOL is great IF you live in base, the day trip/out and back sked's are not very commuter friendly, and the co. likes to hire locals or people willing to re-locate. I cannot speak for the SFB base sked's they are made up in-base by one of the captains there. SFB sked's are about like LAS. Our satellite track-charter bases in RNO and IFP also build their own sked's. They get more days off blocked together, and FO's can have 18-20 days off.

Benifits ok, standard package, pays ok; if you flew for a 'major' you may have heartburn, regional guys will be happy.

Co. is growing, and remains profitable even with the extortionist fuel prices. Great management, good marketing, great financials, and we own most of our planes. Overall, I give it 2 thumbs up, (but I live in LAS).
Brian

Last edited:
The 24 hour RSV call out started last month. So far with the current staffing you get 10 hard days off and 8 24 hour RSV callouts. They block the 24 hour callouts with your days off, so the communters don't have to fly in until there RSV drops down to the 1 hour call out. On RSV you are lucky to fly once a week.
I was the low time guy in my class. 4200TT, no turbine PIC, 1200 jet. I was at EGL for 5 years and flew the SF340, ATR and ERJ. I didn't know anyone at Allegiant.
QOL is great if you live in base. The longest duty day with the sched flying is about 9 hours.

Latest resources

Back