5 61 78 83 88 93
6 61 82 87 92 97
7 61 82 87 92 97
8 61 82 87 92 97
9 61 82 87 92 97
10 61 82 87 92 97
11 61 82 87 92 97
12 61 82 87 92 97

The program is based on a four tiered system. There are four different possible pay scales for each status (Capt, and FO). Each scale is tied to a benchmark of operational profitability. The company’s performance will be compared to these benchmarks twice a year at the end of the 1st and 3rd quarters by examining the preceding 12 months. There will then be a 1 month period for the payroll to be adjusted. The pay scale for the next 6 months will be determined by this method.

Pay Scale Operating Margin Bands:
Band 1 Band 2 Band 3 Band 4
MIN 8.00% 14.00% 20.00%
MAX 7.99% 13.99% 19.99%

If I understand you correctly, going forward from May 1st the minimum pay for each seat/longevity will be Band 1 and depending on profitability it could be as high as Band 4. That means your pay could change every 6 months by as much as +/- $15 @ hour for FOs and +/- $20 @ hour for CAs. Interesting.....

At least the minimum hourly rates have come up quite a bit. $125 for 5th year CAs and $78 for 5th year FOs. It's not industry leading, but it's a pretty good bump and puts you guys in the same neighborhood as AirTran, United and USAir for 150 pax a/c. OTOH, if Allegiant continues to make money like they have been, 5th year CAs could make $145 @ hour and 5th year FOs $93 @ hour. That's almost exactly the same as Delta's Maddog rates.

I know there's more to overall compensation than just pay rates, but you guys are steadily improving. Congrats.

Last edited:
First off, it is not Maurice, it is Maury.

Second off, no problem waiting until May 1st - and I am "really happy."

Third off, had my share of dealing with ALPA. They offer some good things that we won't have but at a big cost. With their coming payout, of course, they want our dues.

Fourth off, once the TA (or whatever you want to call it since a union was not involved in securing it - however the OC was instrumental in motivating the offer and I thank them) is in effect, I sure would appreciate people not talking about our substandard pay.

Fifth off, living at my base as a junior capt on reserve, I sure love my life. I have slept in a hotel bed about a week total this year. My neighbors probably think I am unemployed as I am always at home. And I am involved in my kids life.

Sixth off, there is no Sixth off.

It is Maurice; Maury is a nickname.

http://people.forbes.com/profile/maurice-j-gallagher/3018

If you want to see a union backed TA, I have a copy of the most recent one from Alaska Airlines. You're welcome to go to one of the ALPA roadshows and pick one up for yourself. Everybody should attend at least one roadshow so you can make an educated decision what the best option is for you. It's only 2 hours out of your day and could make a huge difference in your career. I went to one.

I think you'll quickly realize the difference is night and day when it comes to professional TA's. It's practically the difference between a leaflet and a novel. There are dozens of protections, legalities, and benefits the Alaska Airlines TA contains that ours does not.

Management offered us the bare minimum they needed to give to bust the union drive. If you look at JetBlue's union busting offer from management, even it is much much better than ours. They even included a million dollar fund to help with legal battles for the pilots. Our offer was much lower, but our pilots have been underpaid for so long that they'll jump on any pay raise.
One interesting fact: JetBlue's management has broken part of their agreement and they are seeking representation from ALPA.

On the bright side, we did receive an increase from 1 hour to 1.5 hour reserve call out times after the TA was announced. It amounts to a 30 minute increase in call out times and cost the company absolutely nothing. It took us over 5 years of negotiating to get that free perk.

I haven't spent one single day away from home in over a year for work; I love being at home, and I recognize the benefits of a union. Being at home has absolutely nothing to do with a union anyhow. Our business plan won't change, and if anything, we'll have better work rules with a union to help keep you home longer and the company cannot change them at will.

And there is no reason to believe the scare tactics some are worried about. This is a publicly traded company; Do you really think the shareholders would allow management to replace our pilot group with a different one when we're making millions in profit? Of course not, that's ridiculous; it would make their stock worthless.

Also there has been absolutely no talk about ALPA suing AAPAG or the company. That was a lie started by a few pilots engaged in a campaign of lies and misinformation. Both groups need to stop listening to the rumors, get educated about our options, and make the best decision for your career.

Last edited:
If I understand you correctly, going forward from May 1st the minimum pay for each seat/longevity will be Band 1 and depending on profitability it could be as high as Band 4. That means your pay could change every 6 months by as much as +/- $15 @ hour for FOs and +/- $20 @ hour for CAs. Interesting.....

At least the minimum hourly rates have come up quite a bit. $125 for 5th year CAs and $78 for 5th year FOs. It's not industry leading, but it's a pretty good bump and puts you guys in the same neighborhood as AirTran, United and USAir for 150 pax a/c. OTOH, if Allegiant continues to make money like they have been, 5th year CAs could make $145 @ hour and 5th year FOs $93 @ hour. That's almost exactly the same as Delta's Maddog rates.

I know there's more to overall compensation than just pay rates, but you guys are steadily improving. Congrats.

The pay rates starting May 1 will be set to a minimum of band 3, for 12 months. They can go to band 4 during that time, but not below band 3.

I use Allegiant frequently and they are by far the nicest folks I've dealt with as a commuter.

They always let me pre-board, have free snacks. and they don't over-sell their flights.

I can't say enough good things about them and I wish Allegiant Pilots the very best.

I use Allegiant frequently and they are by far the nicest folks I've dealt with as a commuter.

They always let me pre-board, have free snacks. and they don't over-sell their flights.

I can't say enough good things about them and I wish Allegiant Pilots the very best.

Thanks for the kind words. I jumpseat every week on Southwest and have ALWAYS been treated respectfully. No snide comments on low pay ever. It's always nice to hear good things from other pilot groups!!:beer:

I'll second that. Southwest has been incredibly welcoming to Allegiant employees. We are always happy to return the favor.

Latest resources

Back