• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

allegiant air J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny... You're blasting me for not wanting ALPA here, when just a short time ago, you felt the same.

------------------------------------------------
07-11-2006, 09:06 #25 Dix-Bag

Civ/Mil: mil
A/C Flown: some jets and stuff
Ratings: DC-10 DC-9
Curr Position: Sad Sapp
Total Time: Yes

Considering ALPA has not so much as approached the pilot group at Allegiant. In fact, over a year ago, they plain told the pilot group that they were "too small" to be represented by ALPA "at this time".... That's a good thing though... Keep ALPA outa here..

Moderator hat on:

Do NOT post identifying information, this is a violation of the FI Terms Of Service. Further violations will get you a FI vacation for a while.

Also, please refrain from using profanity, even hidden with *** marks, when directed at an individual. We don't need the mud-slinging that threads typically devolve into once profanity is introduced.

Thanks for your understanding.

/mod

Last edited:
I hope for the Allegiant pilot's they do get the raise, but the unfortunate truth is the document is not legally recognized or binding to the company and contains no scope or work rules. If you believe it will be negotiated later pleezz. As for the comment about a brick wall between management that sounds like a plan to me. What happens when Maurice sells the place? I can tell you it wont take to long for the new owners or management to take this back. As for your negotiating committee, let me guess, it is comprised of senior check airman who golf with the VP of Flight Ops on Sunday or they are on the top third of the seniority list. If they really wanted you to be happy they would have given you this pay raise instantly and not wait till May 1st.

And yes, I have read your new document and it has more squishy language than any ALPA contract I have every read. And its not a TA, because its not binding.

I wish all the Allegiant folks well, but dont confuse this for anything other than what it really is, which is an attempt to keep you non-unionized. I have worked for non-union carrier's and unionized carriers, IBT and ALPA an would rather work for a unionized carrier..

Flame on!

Unfortunately you are absolutely correct. The TA is a TOTAL of 8 pages long. Only 3 pages make up the actual TA. The following 3 pages are graphs comparing our rates to other airlines in the industry, and the last 2 pages or so talk about things we were unable to obtain from the company. Most TA's are 50-100 pages long and cover far more information and in much more detail. Our actual TA is only 3 pages long.

The TA wasn't even issued from the company. It was written and issued by our in-house negotiating group (AAPAG). The company would not put it in writing.

Last edited:
What happens when Maurice sells the place?
If they really wanted you to be happy they would have given you this pay raise instantly and not wait till May 1st.

First off, it is not Maurice, it is Maury.

Second off, no problem waiting until May 1st - and I am "really happy."

Third off, had my share of dealing with ALPA. They offer some good things that we won't have but at a big cost. With their coming payout, of course, they want our dues.

Fourth off, once the TA (or whatever you want to call it since a union was not involved in securing it - however the OC was instrumental in motivating the offer and I thank them) is in effect, I sure would appreciate people not talking about our substandard pay.

Fifth off, living at my base as a junior capt on reserve, I sure love my life. I have slept in a hotel bed about a week total this year. My neighbors probably think I am unemployed as I am always at home. And I am involved in my kids life.

Sixth off, there is no Sixth off.

What are the pay rates with this new agreement? Any changes to work rules, per diem, etc?

First off, it is not Maurice, it is Maury.

Second off, no problem waiting until May 1st - and I am "really happy."

Third off, had my share of dealing with ALPA. They offer some good things that we won't have but at a big cost. With their coming payout, of course, they want our dues.

Fourth off, once the TA (or whatever you want to call it since a union was not involved in securing it - however the OC was instrumental in motivating the offer and I thank them) is in effect, I sure would appreciate people not talking about our substandard pay.

Fifth off, living at my base as a junior capt on reserve, I sure love my life. I have slept in a hotel bed about a week total this year. My neighbors probably think I am unemployed as I am always at home. And I am involved in my kids life.

Sixth off, there is no Sixth off.

7 hotel nights for me too for the entire year. Half by choice. A few for training, and one due to weather closing the airport and not being enough of a cowboy to get out anyhow.

Latest resources

Back