• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Air Hiring RJ Drivers NOW!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't say they were operating under the same business model, but that's not the point.

My comparison is to how pay scales of start up companies start off on the low side and grow and the company does.

AirTran only took off once they were bought by Valujet. God knows where they would be now if it weren't for that.

tk855 said:
I have a feeling the rj drivers were isolated instances. I had an inside track about 1.5 months ago. I have close to 3000tt and 1500 121 jet sic, but NO atp. I was told thanks but no thanks. They said get your atp and another 1000 to 2000 hours and re-apply, you will be competitive then!

???? Um what does being an RJ driver have to do with the fact that your times were low and you were not hired?

I'm and "RJ driver" and I have far more than 3000tt and 1500 SIC. Change the 3 to a 5 and make the SIC PIC and your closer to what most of us in the left seat are buzzing around with. The RJ tag has nothing to do with it. I good freind of mine is in training right now at Allegiant and he comes from the CL-65. Not an isolated instance as you put it.

chperplt said:
Anyone know what Airtran (Valujet) paid when they 1st started out? .

From what I remember, talking to a guy that worked for Valuejet back in '96. He was making about $36,000 as an F/O and I beleive that was salaried postion. But he had to pay about $15,000 back then.
Yes, Value-jet was PFT back then.

I had a newhire walk in my resume, then heard they do not like that.
I have over 4600 hours, 1000 jet pic and three type ratings and still haven't heard anything.

So what is this crap about they have to lower the time to fill classes?
I also heard that a 23 year old was just hired around the same time I was waiting for a call. (he had no turbine pic at all) So much for knowing someone.

I had a newhire walk in my resume, then heard they do not like that.
I have over 4600 hours, 1000 jet pic and three type ratings and still haven't heard anything.

So what is this crap about they have to lower the time to fill classes?
I also heard that a 23 year old was just hired around the same time I was waiting for a call. (he had no turbine pic at all) So much for knowing someone.

Actually, they very much like referrals. I don't think they are having any problems filling classes and aren't lowering times for get people in class.

There were a couple younger guys hired recently. They had no jet pic but plenty of turbine pic and at least one of them was a 121 check airman.

ATRCA said:
???? Um what does being an RJ driver have to do with the fact that your times were low and you were not hired?

I'm and "RJ driver" and I have far more than 3000tt and 1500 SIC. Change the 3 to a 5 and make the SIC PIC and your closer to what most of us in the left seat are buzzing around with. The RJ tag has nothing to do with it. I good freind of mine is in training right now at Allegiant and he comes from the CL-65. Not an isolated instance as you put it.

I apologize, I should have been more specific in my point. What I meant to say, I feel that low time regional jet pilots with only SIC time are an isolated instance at Allegiant. I feel that rj PIC's are perfectly qualified for what Allegiant is looking for.

Second, I have only been a rj pilot going on two years now, so I wouldn't be leaving a 5-6 year regional career for Allegiant. Chperplt hit the nail on the head, Allegiant's upgrade time is just south of the 1 year mark from what I am hearing. I would leave for that type of upgrade time, even if it is a mad dog!!

chperplt said:
Actually, they very much like referrals. I don't think they are having any problems filling classes and aren't lowering times for get people in class.

There were a couple younger guys hired recently. They had no jet pic but plenty of turbine pic and at least one of them was a 121 check airman.

No jet PIC?? What kinda clown outfit is that? Hope people are walking around vegas with concrete umbrellas.

BRA said:
No jet PIC?? What kinda clown outfit is that? Hope people are walking around vegas with concrete umbrellas

Yea, I warned them about that guy.... They didn't listen and hired him anyway. Hopefully he doesn't finish IOE and get off low time pilot status on the same day..:D

Latest resources

Back