Allegiant Air Hiring RJ Drivers NOW!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JA PILOT

Just got off Jumpseating with Allegiant.
I was told they are interviewing and hiring now.
Furlough pilot get priority.
But they like RJ guys/gals.
Min 1500tt/500multi
They fly MD-80's
www.allegiantair.com
CP: Mike Devincezi
702-851-7300

True. I know they took one of our CRJ F/O's. I think he went from interview to class in less than a week ( I would suppose that was because they had some people cancel). Had no inside track, just happened to bump into one of thier pilots. Good deal if you live in Vegas or Orlando ( he lived in one of thier domiciles)....sounds like things are on the upswing there.

AD

JAPilot,

We are hiring, mins are closer to 4000TT and 2000 Jet.

We've had to take less to fill classes.

Other info correct.

A few corrections

Mins: 3000 tt and an ATP (most have closer to 4000 tt)

Fax: 702-851-7301

They tend to hire a mix. Furloughees don't get any priority. They like MD80 experience, but won't hire all furlough-types with experience.

The RJ pilots have done well in training and are still here. The attrition has been from the more experienced pilots that have had more options. IMO.

They have just finished a large number of interviews for a class on the 29th and another one after that. However, some of the planes that have been recently acquired will take longer than anticipated to come on line, so some will be left in the pool longer and some classes may be pushed back a little.

Flamebait

I have a feeling the rj drivers were isolated instances. I had an inside track about 1.5 months ago. I have close to 3000tt and 1500 121 jet sic, but NO atp. I was told thanks but no thanks. They said get your atp and another 1000 to 2000 hours and re-apply, you will be competitive then!

Why would you leave a 5-6 year job at a regional for an FO job at Allegiant for the same money? It's an MD80, so what? Unless you live in base there is no reason clear to me.

labbats said:
Why would you leave a 5-6 year job at a regional for an FO job at Allegiant for the same money? It's an MD80, so what? Unless you live in base there is no reason clear to me.
My thoughts exactly.

Originally Posted by labbats

I don't know... Maybe because you're looking at upgrade in a year + right now.. Maybe you want to work for a growing company that makes money.. There are a lot of reason to leave a regional job for Allegiant and airlines like it. Don't be so narrow sighted that you don't look at the bigger picture.

Anyone know what Airtran (Valujet) paid when they 1st started out? Allegiant air is in it's infancy with regard to scheduled service. Pay is absolutely sub standard right now, but you have to understand the big picture and realize things will change.

Allegiant is not Airtran in its infacny. Airtran went after the business travelers in a market that was saturated with very high fares (ATL) becuase there was no competition. (TWA had pulled from ATL at the time).

Allegiant is flying from BFE - LAS. they have a great niche and they are growing thanks to mostly to tour operators. I bet they pick 0 origin traffic from LAS. When you have to compete with HP and WN, the business model you have is the only way to make money..

It's a good company, but it's not Airtran. An anology to Sprit could be a better suited one..

Latest resources

Back