• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Air first year pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you get to choose ur base as new hire or get tossed in where they need you? and if so...how long before u can bid a new base? upgrade 1yr or 2yr

thnks

Like every other airline............you go where your seniority and availability allow you, both as a new hire and changing bases.
Upgrade currently can take 1-2 years depending on when you get in on the "wave".

For Capt, LAS is senior, followed by RNO and to a lessor extent, IFP. All others are a coin toss from month to month. Same applies for FO, although with the new bases (PHX or Williams Gateway, FLL, and Tunica MS), will tend to go junior for both FO and CA until things stabilize.

In any case, with growth what it is, you can expect to get your first choice fairly rapidly.

Hope this helps,

D1

Do you get a full type rating or an SIC type?
Also, what kind of medical insurance (how much per month wife and 2 kids)?
Contract?

Thanks

Do you get a full type rating or an SIC type?
Also, what kind of medical insurance (how much per month wife and 2 kids)?
Contract?

Thanks

Insurance for a family is approx. $270 per month (health, dental, vision) for non smokers with a $1000 deductible. Allegiant is non-union. Not sure how the "contract" stuff works. Someone more in the know than myself can probably help out with that info.

Insurance for a family is approx. $270 per month (health, dental, vision) for non smokers with a $1000 deductible. Allegiant is non-union. Not sure how the "contract" stuff works. Someone more in the know than myself can probably help out with that info.

The deductible portion is misleading though. It does not count towards any thing normal. Meaning, you do not need to reach $1000 prior to insurance kicking in. The deductible only kicks in when you are going for something nonroutine. So there is no deductible for standard office visits, procedures, etc. They are covered from the get go. I remember when I was in the interview thinking it was horrid, but it actually turned out much better. Plus insurance kicks in, the 1st of the month following your start day. So for all the new hires in the 8/30 class, they will have insurance on the 2nd day of class.

There is no "contract" since we do not have a union "YET". My money is having one on property by the end of the year. We have work rules, but they are really a joke.

Latest resources

Back