Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AZaviator

El Capitan
I was curious what one might expect to earn at Allegiant during their first year. I know what the pay scales are. However, I was more interested in knowing if people are given the opportunity for overtime or......... if the minimum pay is what one should realistically expect their first year.

Thanks in advance for any informative responses!

I started training on Jan 3. On the line by the end of march. Current gross as of middle of July is 17,500. No soft time here at all. The overtime is good some months and others it is not existant. On the flip side upgrade just went down to 11 months.

I started training on Jan 3. On the line by the end of march. Current gross as of middle of July is 17,500. No soft time here at all. The overtime is good some months and others it is not existant. On the flip side upgrade just went down to 11 months.

I take it that means no block or better?

You get daily block or better, but you wont get any soft pay such as monthly transistion conflict schedule drops with pay etc.

When you are talking about pay here it all depends on staffing. Hired in beginning of 07 and looking at being on reserve till Oct at the earliest (LAS). With all the classes coming in it is hard to say what it will be like. I for one like most in my class had hardly seen the airplane till this month. most of us have seen 20-25 hours a month on reserve as of late.

On reserve, you only get 10 off so unless you really want to there is not much extra time to pick up stuff. I am not expecting to make anything over 34K for the first year. Not much for an MD-80. I know other companies pay sux at year one but as of now there is not a big increase for year 2 here.

As for upgrade there are some upgrading at 11 months, but these are people that are upgrading now but not moving into the left seat till the newer bases open. When is that??? No one knows for sure. OCt-DEC/JAn maybe??? Like most places the time frame never holds up to the initial schedule that they planned.
A new hire can probably expect 2 -3 years. They told my class 2+ years. I would be shocked if it is less.

Good grief. I know someone always has a reason but why would you go to this place with this kind of pay when United, Delta, NWA, etc..........are hiring. I know their first year rates stink too but at least it is short lived. I think even American Eagle pays more the first year. There are so many companies hiring now, it's not like it was 4 years ago.

Good grief. I know someone always has a reason but why would you go to this place with this kind of pay when United, Delta, NWA, etc..........are hiring. I know their first year rates stink too but at least it is short lived. I think even American Eagle pays more the first year. There are so many companies hiring now, it's not like it was 4 years ago.

American Eagle pay? Don't compare Apples to Coconuts. Surely you jest. :smash:

Latest resources

Back