Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All this regional jet talk has got me asking a few questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks! So why not throw a few stars on this thread? 3 or 4? Then I can convince my wife I didnt waste my time writing all that.

Or not. lol

Good post Bender. I am not in the airline busness yet but start class 8 Aug.

It hasn't been hard to see that the airline market is trending the way you pointed out. The Majors will wind up ticket venders and making the jump over the pond, everybody else will fly "RJ's" (which in itself has become a much looser term now).

The market has probably wanted to go this way for quite a while since deregualtion took effect, but is now starting to manifest itself. It will be interesting to see where we end up ten years from now. I'll have to believe the wages will go back up again once this thing settles but it looks like it may be painful for a while.

Uhh...ya what Bender said. Seriously that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell.

That should be sent to every flight school out there, every aviation publication, and posted on every internet website that has anything remotely to do with professional aviation.

Well said.

I woke up, read this in Utah and said "Holy Cow, this is dead on!" I stopped in Idaho Falls around noon, read it again and was thoroughly pleased someone had put into words everything everyone always wanted to say about this industry, and now here I am reading it again just because it is so eloquently written......I second the notion that it should be sent to all those polls that show pilots making the #2 wage in the nation, pilot factories, and just the public in general.

Re: Mainline as ticket brokers.

Don't forget that mainline has already been able to outsource a fair amount of international flying in the form of codeshare or "partners" who happen to have lower costs. It is only a matter of time before mainline management attemps to use them for the transcons as well.

Grinder

once pilots realize that there are no longer many major jobs, they will better unionize themselves at the RJ level and youll slowly start to see wages go up and not as tough schedules. Not to the 200k+ level obviously but prob back over 100K.

oh yeah, i work at jet blue and heard that the E190 pilots are basically getting a Bscale pay wage bu i didnt think that there holding them to different schedules.. The way the e190 is configured (over 100 seats) still counts as a mainline and jetblue is running it as a mainline so all the pilot duty times still fall under the same part 121 category as the A320 pilots, just theyll only make 2/3 of the a320 pilot

BenderGonzales said:
The airlines needed a larger, more comfortable, platform to keep the business traveler from moving to LCCs that were still (for the most part) flying full-sized equipment.

LCCs?

Latest resources

Back