• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All is quiet at Flex.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he lasts a week or a year on the line, I just hope he'll finally develop a little respect for the pilots, the job they do and their life on the road

dude. he IS a good guy, and develop respect? come on. obviously, you dont know him at all. Bombardier is who our argument on pay/benefits/QOL is with, not the chief pilot.

Rick got what he deserved! He may be a good guy but, his rule with a big stick finally bit him.
Maybe he should be thankful, since, he was given the mercy he never gave...

Bombardier is who our argument on pay/benefits/QOL is with, not the chief pilot.

Keep drinking that kool aid. That's exactly what they want you to think. "Well, we tried to get you what you wanted but, Bombardier just wouldn't let us." RIGHT.

All it boils down to is this: FLEXJET is the cashcow for Bombardier and the more cash mr DG gets to them, the more stock HE gets and the bigger raise HE gets, NOT US. His incentive is to maximize profit, not make pilots happy.

Last edited:
Perhaps it has been discussed here before, but I just noticed that your VP of Ops at Flex is a UScAreways Express management alum, same as our CEO. If THAT fact doesn't get a union on your property, I don't know what will. It is generally accepted at FlOps that $cheetringa was largely responsible for a 67% "yes" vote. Do a little research and see what "success" he had at Express. I can't speak for your VP of Ops, but can assure you $cheetfinger hates the pilots here at FlOps as much as he did at Express.

I'll say it again. DG is at Flexjet to maximize profit which, is good for all of us. The problem is, he is too selfish and greedy to share his profits with his employees and hides behind the excuse of corporate resistance to push it. You are absolutely right, DG is 99% of the reason this push for a union is so strong right now. Just once I would love to be shocked and slapped in the face with a industry leading compensation package from him. He has no idea that if he were to match at least NJ pay, how happy this pilot group would be and would do anything to help maximize profit. It would be a complete turnaround in this group. If they think we're good now, show us the money and you'll be rewarded as well.

Last edited:
I'll say it again. DG is at Flexjet to maximize profit which, is good for all of us. The problem is, he is too selfish and greedy to share his profits with his employees and hides behind the excuse of corporate resistance to push it. You are absolutely right, DG is 99% of the reason this push for a union is so strong right now. Just once I would love to be shocked and slapped in the face with a industry leading compensation package from him. He has no idea that if he were to match at least NJ pay, how happy this pilot group would be and would do anything to help maximize profit. It would be a complete turnaround in this group. If they think we're good now, show us the money and you'll be rewarded as well.

Great post. So few managers understand your sentiments. This is a SERVICE business and keeping front-line employees happy and motivated would seem intuitive. That said, given Flexjet's history, I wouldn't really expect any "major" changes. I suspect it will be another follow-the-leader exercise.

Great post. So few managers understand your sentiments. This is a SERVICE business and keeping front-line employees happy and motivated would seem intuitive. That said, given Flexjet's history, I wouldn't really expect any "major" changes. I suspect it will be another follow-the-leader exercise.

This sounds exactly like FLOPS. wow

Keep drinking that kool aid. That's exactly what they want you to think. "Well, we tried to get you what you wanted but, Bombardier just wouldn't let us." RIGHT.

All it boils down to is this: FLEXJET is the cashcow for Bombardier and the more cash mr DG gets to them, the more stock HE gets and the bigger raise HE gets, NOT US. His incentive is to maximize profit, not make pilots happy.

Right Again!!

Latest resources

Back