Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cougar12

Unite Brothers & Sisters
I just got off the phone with a Retired ALPA friend and it seems FW and cohorts have been misleading us in more ways than one! ALPA is aware of what is going on and members of their Leadership have the view this Decert Drive is an attack on Unions and Professional Pilots! FW wouldn’t be able to empty trash cans let alone be able to appeal for ALPA representation on behalf of One Sky Pilots. I am led to believe they are taking this very seriously!

The real culprit behind this drive is PD. He’s out for revenge and has been for years. FW is his straw man while he operates in the shadows. PD is the type that loves getting into the weeds with this type of stuff and his fingerprints are all over this. He’s just too much of a coward to sign his name on the line, thus enter one FW.

Tex don't make the mistake of viewing Frank as some type of benevolent hero.

The proof all pilots received this week regarding his collusion with big time union busters didn't receive a blip on the radar from pilots as far as I can tell. It is proof positive this decert campaign is about abusing Flexjet pilots for a bigger agenda and nothing to do with what Frank has been claiming. He is now a proven liar.

Unfortunately a liar who is likely going to succeed in ruining our careers unless pilots start getting wise to the bigger agenda.

Peeps

just keep collectin the paycheck and start a lookin for a new job if you donna like it.

Sucks... but face it.. the hiring elsewhere is very good

Tex don't make the mistake of viewing Frank as some type of benevolent hero.

The proof all pilots received this week regarding his collusion with big time union busters didn't receive a blip on the radar from pilots as far as I can tell. It is proof positive this decert campaign is about abusing Flexjet pilots for a bigger agenda and nothing to do with what Frank has been claiming. He is now a proven liar.

Unfortunately a liar who is likely going to succeed in ruining our careers unless pilots start getting wise to the bigger agenda.

Trust me, I’m as disgusted with FW as anyone. All I’m saying is that PD is doing the grunt work behind the scenes and FW is more than happy to sign his name to PD’s work.

I understand why you may not like what your union is doing but the reason you have a union is because you need a union. You need someone to fight for you when things happen (discipline, FAA violations, loss of benefits, etc etc)

keep the damn union and work to make it stronger (this union is still very young). U are working a crap schedule with crap wages (you can do better for yourselves if you all get together on the same page). Make sure you vote out the trash in union elections (don’t keep beating your heads with the same leadership if they suck or are just waiting to switch to management)

Be patient. This junk takes a while to get right. In the mean time get the applications out there. Lots of hiring going on.

I understand why you may not like what your union is doing but the reason you have a union is because you need a union. You need someone to fight for you when things happen (discipline, FAA violations, loss of benefits, etc etc)

keep the damn union and work to make it stronger (this union is still very young). U are working a crap schedule with crap wages (you can do better for yourselves if you all get together on the same page). Make sure you vote out the trash in union elections (don’t keep beating your heads with the same leadership if they suck or are just waiting to switch to management)

Be patient. This junk takes a while to get right. In the mean time get the applications out there. Lots of hiring going on.

is this directed toward me?!?!?

All I know there is no way I would mark a ballot, secret or not, to decertify a Union if I desired to work for a Major or any other airline. Can you say career suicide! Especially In this electronic age, not to mention there are still human beings involved!

Here's the issue going on right now in the interview process with every major player in aviation: they are very concerned about what's going on at Flexjet and what working in this environment for the past 3 years has done to your feasibility as a pilot who will work well in a highly unionized company. Whether you are pro-union or anti-union doesn't even matter. What concerns them is the completely dysfunctional environment you are coming from. I heard some version of it in interview after interview. The fact is the pilot shortage world against you now as a Flexjet pilot. There are too many candidates that don't come with baggage.

Mark my words: if you think it's hard for a Flexjet pilot in the market right now, it will get downright impossible to leave if you decertify. All OneSky Pilots will be looked upon as outcasts and idiots for putting our entire industry at risk. It's already happening just as a result of the annoucement.

The crazy risk if you decertify and things go south (which is practically guaranteed no matter what they say) you will have nowhere to go.

There doesn't even have to be a black ball list. Just having OneSky or Flexjet on your resume will make you automatically undesirable. The pro-union guys who served on committees will have an easier time finding a job because of the benefits of membership includes a fraternity that extends beyond the Teamsters but even they will have a huge monkey on their back.

Make no mistake about it: this industry likes their unions. Even management. You create industry turmoil by decertifying and you destroy the opportunity to leave.

If you think this decert campaign has a shot in hell, you better leave and leave now. There will be no place to go to if Flexjet is attached to your name afterwards. How much of your life do really want to gamble on Kenn Ricci turning out to be a boss you want over you for the rest of your career?

Latest resources

Back