all f/o's now have to get type rated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HulkHogan said:
I'm gonna be in CRJ training here shortly--I'm gonna buy a few hours in a sim first. Should I ask for the SIC type rating?

ummm....just a little observation...but, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is flame.....

Profile seems to match so many other flamers...and he's only got 3 posts...just my 2 cents...

propjockey said:
I have to agree with jehtplane. If you're going to training anyway, spending $$$$ (approx $400/hr is what I would expect) on RJ sim time would be a HUGE waste of money. A sim is a sim is a sim. If it's the sim you're worried about, fly Microsoft FS for a while at home -- or worst case -- spend a couple hours in an old AST-300 or something for $35/hr.

CRJ flying = see a light, press a button, get a banana!

Don't stress yourself needlessly about it. The CRJ part will all be taught to you when you get there!

In sim, they wanted us to put the autopilot on at 600' anyways. Also, I'm pretty sure CRJ sim time would be quite a bit more than $400/hr. You'll have plenty of time in the sim to get proficient.

IP076 said:
ummm....just a little observation...but, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is flame.....

Profile seems to match so many other flamers...and he's only got 3 posts...just my 2 cents...

No. This board is so wishy-washy. First low-timers shouldn't fly jets--then, if a low-timer wants a head start so he doesn't flunk a ground school, he is called a "flamer." This is why new people don't join! I can't even make an honest comment.

Latest resources

Back