all f/o's now have to get type rated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Detroitpilot22

Over the course of the next month, All first officers that fly into Canada or Mexico (thats all of us) have to get type rated with SIC limitations. If you already have been flying you just need to fill out paper work. If you havent taken your checkride in training yet then you get it then. I see this being a big pain in the butt.

That's all of us? Check again pal. I've heard this only applies to overseas international flying and that Mexico and Canada don't count.

It sounds like you're the one with the over-inflated sense of self-worth. Get bent.

I'm gonna be in CRJ training here shortly--I'm gonna buy a few hours in a sim first. Should I ask for the SIC type rating?

Canada counts, I just finished recurrent and they told us that we all had to get the ticket, but they can't give it to us until Sept. 6th. Not sure about mexico though because I don't go there.

Forgot to add that we do not need additional training for the "Type". It's just a new certificate that that has the SIC ATP on it. From what I was told in recurrent it is a way for the FAA to get around the new ICAO rule that both pilots going international have to be Type rated in the aircraft. So I guess most of the Senior checkairman are going to get writers cramp handing these things out.

Don't worry

The FAA will look the other way and the regionals are so hard up that if you show up sober for your ride it's a done deal.

HulkHogan said:
I'm gonna be in CRJ training here shortly--I'm gonna buy a few hours in a sim first. Should I ask for the SIC type rating?

If you are going to CRJ training then why buy sim time?

I have to agree with jehtplane. If you're going to training anyway, spending $$$$ (approx $400/hr is what I would expect) on RJ sim time would be a HUGE waste of money. A sim is a sim is a sim. If it's the sim you're worried about, fly Microsoft FS for a while at home -- or worst case -- spend a couple hours in an old AST-300 or something for $35/hr.

CRJ flying = see a light, press a button, get a banana!

Don't stress yourself needlessly about it. The CRJ part will all be taught to you when you get there!

Is that for an a/c that has a 2 man crew or does it inculde 3 man crews also.

Latest resources

Back