All Atps 7 Day Crj Course?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bizicmo said:
I don't think you should spend that much on what they are going to give you.

As for getting placed in an ERJ with ASA I'm not sure that would happen. To my knowledge they only fly the CRJ.

I think they have some deal going with express jet too.

bizicmo said:
Well he wasn't talking about express jet. In his post he is specifically talking about ASA.

It's all the same. When you take pilots with 500-1200 hours total time and very limited experience you are going to have high washout rates. Doesn't matter if it is Expressjet, ASA, Eagle, or Chatauqua.

I don't know if the washout rate is high or not. This guy was asking if this course was worth his time and money to get on to ASA. He wasn't asking about any other company. I said the money could be spent better at other places. When he decides to ask about Expressjet, Eagle or any other company, other than ASA, I will tailor my response to those companies as well.

For half that $5000, I'll give you all my notes and books on the EMB. Just think of how well prepared you'll be!

labbats said:
For half that $5000, I'll give you all my notes and books on the EMB. Just think of how well prepared you'll be!
And for $1500 I'll sell you the CRJ manuals I got from Pan Am's industry-renowned ACE Program :rolleyes:. I'll even pick up the cost of shipping. :D

But this offers only good till Saturday... order now!

(And no I didn't pay or go thru the program!)

I believe that the only folks that take the RJ course through ALL ATP's are their instructors, (cuz they only have too pay $1000 AFTER they get hired at coex with 500tt).

ALL ATP'S does have a deal with expressjet (www.atpflightschool.com) but from what I have seen only their instructors benefit from this deal. Good for them! I believe that ATP is a great school, I met the owner and he is a very nice/generous guy. The R.J. program however is not worth 5K to me, remember that you still have to cover your own transportation/rooming for those 7 days. And NO TYPE.

Although if you must do this type of program I would reccomend ATP, they WILL NOT screw you, and I can think of atleast 10 people who did the RJ program and now fly RJ's. (all former ATP instructors tho)

Would it not make more sense to get a real type rating in a B737 or business jet? Or even more sense to just fly the ATP twins using the "two pic" logging system until you've spent your $5K?

Don't waste your money. I have a friend who just got hired by ASA and is in training right now. He had no CRJ experience at all. They give you a sim ride in a CRJ and ask you to shoot some approaches. Then they call you back for your interview if you can fly the sim. He told me that they don't expect you to have knowledge about the CRJ. They just want to see that you can follow procedures, fly an approach and hold. He said there are a lot of people in his class with 250 hours. Yeah probably half will wash out but is all due to a lack of experience.

Latest resources

Back